Alamo / fraud - hiden fees - scam

International airport, Sandford, FL, US Review updated:

On August 2009, we book our compact car by the Internet at Sanford int, Airport. When we showed up at the counter, the clerk ask us if we wanted to have a convertible for 3$ more a day. I ask the clerk 3 times if it was realy 3$ a day and he told me yes and It would be only 30$ for 10 days plus taxes.

So I decided to take the convertible since the clerk told me nobody wants to have convertible in Florida in the summer time and that was why it was so cheap. When we came back from our trip I saw on my credit Statement that Alamo took 265$ + 310$ for the convertible. So I paid 575$ when I was supposed to pay 295$. I called the customer service and the gave me 100$ credit and they told me as a courtesy. I forgot to read the review before booking my car and that is my mistake... I never gonna book any car with Alamo after that... The customer service is very bad and I strongly suggest you to read all the review before taking any reservation with this company. I feel very angry being ripped off by a company who don't care for their customer... I am telling you read the review carefully or you will pay...

Comments

• Ki
      Mar 24, 2010

Read what ur signing, and if u can judje any rental car company based on reviews from stupid peole like you you will be walking next time ###.

• Gm
      Dec 21, 2010

King1970 - Your a waste of Air. Alamo is screwing people plain and simple. It's deceptive and it's wrong. What happened to trusting what people say anymore? This Alamo Sanford location should be shut down!