[Resolved] Alamo Rent A Car / service at shreveport airport and customer service

Shreveport, LA, United States

I rented a car on September 20th from the DFW airport. I was driving with two friends to Alabama to a funeral. While driving on the freeway through Shreveport, LA, the rearview mirror dropped off the stand and fell partially into my lap. I called customer service and they told me to go to the airport to get another car. They said they were sending an email to tell them to just trade it out since driving without a mirror was dangerous and I had over 400 miles left to drive. When we got to the National counter, the woman behind the counter automatically said, I can't get into their "system". "You have to wait 30 minutes until the manager returns". Then she went next door to Enterprise Rental and asked them and then she said, "Give me $250 and I will give you whatever is available". I said why do I need to pay money to replace the car when customer service said it would just be a trade? She said I must assume you "broke" the mirror. I said I would wait for the manager. Two hours later the manager had not returned and she kept telling me he is on the premises but busy. My friend's husband told us to leave and go find an auto supply store. We left, talked to someone in the store and he discovered the mirror was missing a screw but snapped back into place.
Not only was the customer service people in Shreveport rude, but also several non-employees kept going behind the counter and they made us feel unwanted as customers. I was also on hold with the customer service hotline where I was transferred 7 or 8 times. NO ONE WOULD HELP!!!

This caused us to miss appointments in Mississippi but fortunately the funeral was the next day.
My rental number is RA #[protected]. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com.

I did not get the name of any of the people in Shreveport but I am sure that is not hard to find out because it is a small operation. But to clarify, they all were rude and the manager was a no show.

Several of my friends and family have used Alamo in the past but we started telling everyone we know on social media to stay away from this rental agency because they do not treat their customers well.

I would like an email or phone call from someone to discuss this. All of this information is in my rental agreement.

Deborah Cobb

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Oct 25, 2018

Chyanne, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences and we recognize how disappointing this must be for you. We would like to look into this further for you. Please email [protected]@mailca.custhelp.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this situation. Thank you. – Carol H.

Ch