Alamo Car Rentalsnon-refund of money owing

In October 2013, I rented a car from Alamo which we were driving on a tour of Yosemite Park. On our way to the Park, the service light went on. When we called Alamo, they instructed us to have the car serviced: we were to pay for it and they would reimburse us when we returned the car. (This wasted a valuable half day of our trip.) However, when we returned the car, they would not refund the money - instead, they said that a refund would be mailed to us.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in San Francisco, CA I have corresponded with them almost a dozen times - each time, I deal with a new person who gives me a different reference number and an assurance that the matter will be seen to. This has not happened. Most recently, they asked me for copies of the rental agreement and the invoice for the car service, which I provided. Still no refund has been forthcoming. It is bad enough that they gave us a car that had not been properly serviced in the first place but then to make us pay for the service and not refund the money is disgraceful.

El