[Resolved] Alamo Car Rental / citation fees I was charged

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

I rented a car from Alamo in October..Now, all of a sudden I keep getting fees put on my charge card..When I call, I am told they are for tickets I recieved during the week I rented from Alamp...I never recieved any tickets when I was renting thier car and never recieved any notices of tickets..When I call Alamo, They can not geive me any information and simply say they paid tickets for me...They can not direct me to a phone number at thier citation department...Nothing.. This had been going on for months ..I wonder every time I open my charge bill, what new fees Alamo plans to stick me with..

DO NOT USE ALAMO>>>>THEY ARE CROOKS !

• Resolution statement

• Alamo Rent A Car Customer Care's Response, Jul 29, 2016

Oliveoil22,
    We’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care@alamo.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    When emailing, please list Reference Number 131030-001354 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Respectfully,
    Carol H.
    Social Media
    Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Comments

• Pe
      27th of May, 2008

Same thing happened to me.
    ALAMO Keep charging me citation fees and can not give me any information about the tickets (THAT THEY SAID I GOT).
    If you are charging me any fee in my credit card. I have the right to know where this charge come from.
    I NEED THE INFORMATION FOR ANY TICKET. DATE, TIME AND LOCATION.
    IF YOU GET A FIND IN CANADA YOU GET ALL THIS INFORMATION.

ALAMO STEEL YOUR MONEY FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD ...GIVE ME A REASON FOR THE CHARGES..

THIEFS

• Bi
      19th of Oct, 2009

I rented a car from alamo in Orlando Internation Airport in June 09 for a week. first, the customer service clerk tried to upgrade me to a larger Mini van for $13.00. I asked the question, you're gonna rent me a mini van for only $13.00 per day. that's actually cheaper than the rate I got through Hotwire. She stated "no, It's an additional $13.00 per day." I said no thank you. Now, here's the kicker. When i went out to pick up my rental, I got the same vehicle for the same price she tried to give me for addittional $13.00 per day. Months have passed, I received a bill from Alamo indicating I didn't pay a toll for .75 cents. When I called alamo to inquire about the bill, I was told I didn't pay a toll when i left the airport. I told Alamo, the only toll I went through was on the highway and i paid. I was told the toll was at the airport. I never saw a toll at the airport. The rep form Alamo said everyone misses it. A red flag immediately pop up, amnd I'm gonna nvestigate a little further.

• Bi
      21st of Oct, 2009

Hey the same thing happened to me. I rented at Orlando International in July and last Saturday Oct. 17(3 months later) I get a letter from Alamo stating I received a $1 dollar citation and owe a $10 admin fee. No mention what the $1 was but if I didn't respond within 6 days from the date of the letter which was sent on October 13th then they would take this out of my charge card. Well they are not open Sat. or Sun. Then Mon. Tues and Today have tried numerous times to contact this so called citations dept at 1-800-935-0112 and all you get is please hold we will be right with you----ha that's a joke. I have tried taking to Alamo at their corp. level and some lady told me they must be having telephone issues or maybe they're out with the flu?????????????? I'm planning filing a Better Business complaint against them and file a fraud alert with my credit card company. It isn't the amount of claim I'm concerned with its the fact they can charge you whenever they feel like it and not explain nothing.

• Ye
      27th of Oct, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I rented a car in July and received a letter that I was charged on my creditcard for 0, 75 dollar. They took out $ 11.75. The letter took 12 days to reach me (because a mis-spelling in the name of my town and not mentioning the city code at all; it is a wonder it reached me).
    I tried to call the number mentioned onderneath the letter but gave up after holding for 20 minutes.

At first, I couldn't care because what is $ 0.75 When it turned out to be $ 11.75 (the extra 11 dollar is not mentioned in the letter) I decided to give it a try and call. Now that my call is not answered, I get mad. It is not the first time that Alama makes "mistakes". We had problems in the past, too!

• Sm
      29th of Dec, 2009

Alamo are complete THIEVES - we rented a car for 2 weeks, booked and pre-paid online months before arriving at Sanford Airport in Florida (from the UK) - upon arrival the clerks on the desk were all busy chatting to each other not paying much attention and just processing the customers reservations in a robotic fashion. When we got to the desk, we handed over our printout, nothing to pay because we booked it all online, no problems apparently, the guy asked if we wanted a sat nav for around $120.00 - we said No. He asked if we'd like a FREE upgrade to the next level of vehicle, we asked what the was, he said a mid-sized SUV, then we agreed. We thought 'great', a free upgrade. No prices were mentioned of course because this was free. Then he got us to sign our agreement before getting the SUV. Guess what? Upon arriving home in the UK we found an additional £108.00 charge on our card statement. Tried calling Alamo in the UK - they see to be crap, can't answer anything on the phone, said they'd call back in 7 days. They did call back, but only to say the charge was an UPGRADE FEE and we signed to agree to it! TOTAL THIEVES! We told the girl it was a free upgrade, she said theres nothing she can do and basically HUNG UP on us! We called Sanford in the USA directly, complained to a guy on the phone and he said ring back later and speak to Eric the manager. So far, Eric is not available and constantly on voicemail. This is DECEPTION and basically theft. We did not sign to agree to any extra charges. We signed to get our vehicle after the guy offered us a FREE upgrade. DISGRACEFUL. If we don't get a refund from Alamo, we'll contact the bank and file a dispute, then file a complaint with the BBB and any other agency/organisation we can.

• Ol
      29th of Jul, 2016
    Alamo Rental Car Fresno - Bad customer service
    Alamo Rental Car
    Fresno
    California

10/20/13:
    The Fresno Alamo branch desk clerk put the incorrect name and address on our Rental Agreement when we rented our vehicle in Fresno CA on 10/12/13. She put someone else’s name and address on our agreement. When attempting to return our rental car at SFO (San Francisco Airport) on 10/19/13 the Alamo Customer Service agent told us that because there is a different name on the reservation than our name () that they CANNOT help us close our account and change our credit card to pay with a different card than the reservation was made with. The male agent, who’s name was never given to us, at the Customer Service desk stated that this was “Fresno’s fault” and therefore they had to be the ones to fix it. Meanwhile we had a flight to catch and the man at the counter was very unsympathetic with our situation. He did not offer to help us resolve this issue in any way and told us that we would need to contact the Fresno branch ourselves. Why would we need to fix a problem that was not our fault to begin with? Why was he not able to change the name on the reservation so that we could resolve the issue right then and there? Following this, as we were in the airport, I called the Alamo # listed on the agreement for help. I was on the phone for at least one hour with multiple representatives, of which none were able to reach the Fresno branch to resolve the issue at that time. The man on the phone said that he had “never had a problem like this before”. This problem took days and multiple "customer service representatives" later without anyone being able to resolve the issue. I do not understand the breakdown in communication within your company. It is a shame that the Alamo company would allow this to happen in the first place. With proper training of your agents at the Fresno branch this problem might have not occurred in the first place.
    In addition, the Fresno branch of Alamo did not have our requested car available. When I initially booked the car rental online, prior to our pick up date, I asked for an economy car, the smallest possible. The Fresno branch gave us a larger car than we requested, calling it an “upgrade”. I specifically requested a small car because of a parking situation we were going to have in the city of San Francisco. We also wanted the best gas mileage we could get. The hotel we stayed at offered free parking for small economy cars which is what we requested, however, Alamo only had a sedan available the day of our rental apparently. When we went out to the parking lot we were not given an option for a car, the man in the lot showed us which car we were getting. The woman at the desk said nothing about them not having our requested vehicle class available. This resulted in $120.00 worth of parking fees that we had to pay for in the city of San Francisco because the car was too big to fit in the free parking offered by the hotel. If we had known at the time of the car pickup that they did not have our requested size vehicle available we would have probably canceled and rented with a different company so we could avoid the parking fees associated with larger vehicles.
    I would like to know how this happened in the first place, why the Fresno Alamo location is so disorganized, and how the Alamo rental car business can let something like this happen, go on for days, and not have any customer service representative offer assistance that will actually fix the issue. Shame on the company and shame on Carrentals.com for supporting such a horrible business.
    My husband spent hours the following day (10/21/13) on the phone with a Fresno Alamo representative, Dave. Dave argued with us during our phone call, and did not believe us when we told him that our hotel in SF offered free parking for small cars. The man is very unprofessional. Apparently your company DOES NOT believe that the customer is always right. He did not seem to grasp why a larger car cost us parking fees and that we requested a small car on purpose. He proceeded to argue with us on the phone that he “lived in San Francisco for eight years and never heard of free hotel parking”. I told him he can feel free to contact our hotel, The Mayflower, and discover for himself as he did not believe us. This was extremely unprofessional.

• Jd
      27th of Sep, 2016

Total scam!!! same thing happened to me. Wow, Im considering filing criminal charges, im not joking. very wrong.