AirTran Airways / unacceptable flight problems and rude customer service
On Sunday, May 27, 2007 I boarded a flight in Akron/Canton to Atlanta then to Jacksonville, FL. My flight was to depart at 10:12am and arrive in Atlanta at 11:53am. AirTran delayed the flight and passengers had to board a new plane. This flight left Akron/Canton at 11:00am and we arrived in Atlanta at 12:23pm. This delay caused me to miss my connecting flight to Jacksonville resulting in a 6 1/2 hr layover in Atlanta. I approached customer service and have never been treated so rudely. I am a frequent traveler and found AirTran's customer service and its passenger treatment to be unacceptable. In my 25 years of flying (at least once per month), I've never experienced such horrible service. In Akron/Canton we were told that Atlanta was well aware of our delay and would make accommodations for us. The man at the flight door in Akron/Canton also said they would hold the flight for us. Additionally, two flight attendees said they would hold the flight in Atlanta. We arrived only to find that the flight to Jacksonville had departed. Not only did I miss an entire day of important activities planned at my final destination, I was lied to by three of AirTran's staff. This was my first experience with AirTran and I can't help but think it may have been the last for me, my staff, family and colleagues.
I received an email response from AirTran's customer service representative. Basically we're sorry you were unhappy, we met our obligation, but I can give you $50 towards another AirTran flight within one year.
More AirTran Airways Complaints & Reviews
- Southwest Airlines - items stolen out of luggage. 
- Southwest Airlines - baggage lost 
- AirTran Airways - airtran cancellation charges 
- Southwest Airlines - refund money credit from last year 
- Southwest Airlines - open seating - not 
- Southwest Airlines - late night flight delay due to mechanical issues and missing flight crew 
- Southwest Airlines - boarding
- Southwest Airlines - canceled flight and following treatment
- Southwest Airlines - customer desk service, logan airport
- Southwest Airlines - flight