Airtel Mobile Services / poor customer care assistant

1 India Review updated:

I have airtel sim card and belongs to maharashtra region. from past 5 days i have the call diverting problem, when i called to any airtel number it get automatically diverted to another unknown number and the chain follows. I registered the complain to customer care center Pune but they haven't any proper explanation. I am experiencing very poor assistant by airtel customer care center and yet my problem is not solved. I have lost money as well as my valuable business meeting calls due to this. Very poor customer care assistant.

Comments

• Cv
      8th of Jan, 2007
    Airtel Mobile Services - don't get fooled by big commitments that airtel gives!

Hi all,
    This is reference to my post paid mobile connection which I had in Bangalore (9845664632)
    The reason for disconnection was that I got transferred to Chennai.
    I had given a request for surrender of connection which was promptly received by airtel guys on 07.10.2017!!!
    When I asked them about refund of my advance amount of Rs 1500.00,no one knows nothing as of date (08.01.2017)....They just keep on asking details to details, but ultimately no result!!!

I have been faxing them, email them, calling the airtel customer and till date I should have spent Rs 500.00 to get a refund of Rs 1500.00.

My advice to customers:

Don't get fooled by big commitments that Airtel gives!!!These are just plain gimmicks!!! If you already have a airtel connection, god save you!!!

• Ta
      25th of Jan, 2007

I am an Airtel mobile prepaid user. My sincere advise to all Airtel users is that "DONT EVER CALL CUSTOMER CARE IN 121 BELIEVING YOUR COMPLAINTS WOULD BE ATTENDED PROMPTLY" Airtel has this facility to discourage its customers when they approach with a complaint. According to TRAI regulations, whenever a customer contacts a mobile operator's customer care, he should be provided with a docket number and the next time you make a follow up call you have to mention this number and the mobile operator should be able to trace the complaint history and know the current status of the complaint. But this procedure is not at all followed by Airtel. But some operators like former BPL mobile did this. Whenever you make a complaint, they record it and send you an sms with your query number, so that it would be easy for making a follow up. But Airtel customer care executives try to avoid you by asking you lot of questions regarding your complaint and each time you make a call to know your complaint status, a different executive will be attending your call and you will have to explain everything right from the beginning. No matter how many times you contact 121, the same type of situation you will face. If you insist on getting you connected with some higher official, they have a fake button which will make a ring tone noise making you believe that your call is being directed to some higher official of the company but nothing will happen even if you hold the line for five or ten minutes.
    So the best thing is send an email regarding your complaint to the nodal officer and the CEO/COO of the respective circle. The email addresses can be found out in the following links.

Always prefer for a written response so that you can have a record of the correspondence for future action! You will probably receive a reply in about 2 or 3 days. Even then if your complaint is not redressed properly do not hesitate to send a legal notice and register a case with the consumer redressal forum. And dont hesitate if the amount involved is as low as Rs.50 or 100/- It is our money and we pay for their services and they don’t provide us anything at free of cost!

• Ru
      7th of Feb, 2007

I am trying to deactivate my GPRS from last six (6) days and it's not getting deactivated. When trying to call to cust centre they not helping out, they just hook the phone or else just disconnect the phone & i am getting charged for the service. I am no longer using & tried to deactivate. The cust care people say they cant deactivate the service & just cut the phone rudely or just put the call on hold. Airtel is very poor company!

• Ra
      15th of Apr, 2007

Hi, Airtel service is very poor in orissa, although all customer care are so lazy so cmt me in my id.

• Na
      29th of Jun, 2007
    Airtel Mobile Services - don't get fooled by big commitments that airtel gives!
    India

For the second consecutive month, I have been charged for VAS charges at Rs. 25. I never made any request for the said services, for which I am penalized unnecessarily.

• Ar
      1st of Dec, 2007
    Airtel Mobile Services - no privelage provide
    Bharti Cellular
    www.airtel.co.in

Unnessary calls for the payment of dues . i ve been using these service for more than seven years. and Cleared all payments . after regular payment of due for such a long period. i should b given some Privelage. Wherelse no Privelage is as yet provided. instead i start gettin Calls to make the payments before due date has arrived. At times ur collection executive demand for payment. even when Payments are made. ur Services are very good. nothing to demand more. But it was very bad experience when the service was stopped for just Rs 170. For the month Oct . Where i ve been making Payments in thousands every month. i am very upset about that and i dont want to continue with ur Services

27th of Apr, 2008

I am trying to deactivate my NR and its not happening through site. I tried to call the customer care and no update so far. Form last three month they are getting my 53 Rs per month for free. Poor customer service.

• So
      2nd of Jun, 2008

Respected Sir,

This is in continuation of my complaint which has been remained unreplied. I bought a SIM card from CULLULAR SHOPPE, Shyam Kunj Building, 19, Arabinda Sarani, Kolkata – 700 005, ( Phone No. 9830019908, 9339120777 ) after submitting proper documents on 14th May'2017. After 7 days the outgoing call was barred. My Mobile Phone No. is 9748117800. The Airtel customer care informed me by SMS that the documents were not submitted by the dealer. After that I contacted the dealer on 27/05/2017. They told me that to whom I submitted the documents is in leave and the documents are lying with him. I was asked to submit my identity proof again otherwise my mobile connection will be disconnected after 10 days. They behaved with me very badly and in such a manner that the fault is mine. My mobile connection has already been disconnected from 28/05/2017 without giving me 10 days’ time. I am surprised to know that they are asking for documents again. Why should I suffer because of the ignorance of the authorized dealer of Airtel ?

Please do the needful and oblige. Your early reply shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards.

SOMAVA CHATTERJEE (Advocate)

• Ls
      7th of Jun, 2008

hi this is shashidharreddy, my mobile num is 9849444437, i am given a complaint to ur company on november 30 th 2017, regarding of network problem at my residence l.b. nagar, and at my office at moulali, already seven months over, every time i am giving a complaint to costumer care, they will tell sir u will get a call with in four hours, no one can call me, then how can i pay the bill, u r not giving the correct services to me then how can u r representatives r asking the bill amount, now what i am telling finally r u clear this solution or can i go to the consumer court, i want immidet action on this issu, i want replay for this with in 2 days.

• Ya
      7th of Aug, 2008

i am not ur customer. but i need ur help. because here
    include one 1 1/2 years old child . i want 1 airtel no.'s of last one months summery. So. pls. help me.

• Rs
      24th of Sep, 2008

my airtel mobile phone is lost! plz help me to disactivate that sim card.my mobile no. is 9810553457 plz help. thanks

• Zu
      12th of Jan, 2009

I had purchased my mobile 4 months ago and because of ur company's name i took airtel scheme.now i activated airtel live services on my mobile, but it was not able to connect.Then i left it and till today didn't even saw it.Daily rs10/- is deducted from my balance for using wap services, few days ago i talked to your executives they noted my complaint and asked me to call them everytime my money is deducted.Only one day they refunded me ten rupees and from that day onwards nobody is there to attend my call.I tried to contact but they left it to automatic answering machine.my hundred rupees had been deducted till today.why i should pay for not using the services.I request you to refund all the money till now that has been deducted unecessarily and provide an assurance that in future nothing will be deducted from my account.please do it as fast as you could.An early response is expected.

• Mo
      13th of Mar, 2009

hi friends :

i'm also facing like same problem with airtel.

i pl. to inform you if you have airtel postpaid connection throughly check your bill and pay

if you find any thing wrong charges they wont responce for every time the rep. whomever in that concern dep. only know 24 hr or 48 hr

pl. friends if you have connection pl. disconnect and get back your mony safe!!!