Airtel India / customer care representative not reachable

1 India Review updated:

I am an Airtel pre paid customer availing services from the past 2 years. Airtel is supposed to be one of the best service providers in Karnataka. But off late, i feel it is heading towards being the worst.

Few weeks back, i received a msg saying a recharge of Rs 120 would avail me full talktime with zero validity period. I recharged my cell with 120 Rs but the validity expired almost within a week of my recharge. I still had 110 Rs in my cell. What had happened i assume was, my previous recharge of Rs 460 was taken into consideration and the validity on that recharge was taken into account and my phone was temporarily disconnected. I had no clue as to what had happened. I knew that it was just another trick of Airtel. What irked me most was the fact that there is no bloody way to contact Airtel Customer representative and sort out the issue. I tried numbers [protected], 121, 123 but there is no CLEAR, PROPER option to talk to the CSR!

Thanks,
Jagadish.

Comments

• Ab
      24th of Nov, 2006

My customer are services have been barred, when ever i call on airtel customer care and opt to talk to an ivr my call get disconnected, airtel got a new policy if some one call on customer care for more than 25 times a month, customer care is barred. I activated net on phone service on my cell, after a month it stopped working for that i called the customer care but the issue not solved till 3 weeks, as i called them up for the same issue, my customer care got barred. Also from landline also i cant call up customer care and talk to ivr. For what thing these bagars made customer care, if i got any problem its but natural il call customer care till the time the issue os not solved, whether i call 25 times or 250 times, its their duty to solve the issue....

If they same continue i wont think twice getting my 5 year old number getting cancelled, not not at all satisfactory

Also many times i had words with the executives on phone (called up from my friend's phone) they committed me for 24 hrs many times but it dint worked.....

• Di
      17th of Feb, 2007

I am owning the prepaid number from Delhi Airtel since last 4 years. The latest problem I have faced is that I received an SMS from Airtel that if I recharge using Rs. 439 coupon, I will get Rs. 200 with 6 months validity which I have not received. I recharged it on 12/02/07 and got only 1 month validity with Rs. 200 calling value. When I checked with the customer care( which is almost impossible to reach and some illiterate and untrained ### pick up the calls), I got to know that it was a promotional offer on some selected numbers and I should have given a call before recharging my number. I did that but 121 was not reachable and then I sent my query through SMS on 121 but it was still not answered. What a harassment I am facing at the moment. Can Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal help me and other customers like me who face such kind of problems daily please?

• Im
      6th of Aug, 2007

I have tried to contact AIRTEL on 121 and 9849098490 to get my other no# to activate, i am almost tired of calling you guys from past week. I feel the service is really pathetic and not up to the mark. I have almost 4 - 5 Airtel connection in my family i will make sure that nobody will retain the Airtel Service we will change to different ISP.