Airtel India / outgoing calls barred in 2 weeks of the connection activation!

I don't understand why my outgoing calls are barred for my mobile numbers without intimating the customer on this and of no valid reason. The required address usually is done and it was cleared.

On calling customer care, explaining the situation was of no use. According to customer care the outgoing calls were barred due to address verification being wrong which is updated after 10 days of verification with by the person and intimating me its not a problem. After speaking to the supervisor of airtel customer care at chennai, it was pathetic and of no use. They asked me to goto the nearest airtel outlet to follow the procedure to activate outgoing calls.

Of all, the database update done after address verification was incorrect which was confirmed by the agency who provided corporate connection. The agency also claims that the third party verification done by airtel always causes problem to the customer.

Airtel being such a big telecom provider in india, don't understand how can they have such a bad service and staff who are not concerned with clients needs.

A  7th of Dec, 2006 by
i have to louge the same complaint as i am facing the same problem and it has been four days that my out going calls are barred.
A  22nd of May, 2007 by
Ya, it is true that I have also faced the same problem of call barred after confirmation of my address...
A  26th of Sep, 2007 by
Out going barred in my phone.

Bharti Airtel Logo Bharti Airtel