Airtel / recycled my phone number for no reason
I bought a new Airtel SIMcard on Jan24 2010 from MobileStore in Basaveshwarnagar, Bangalore.
I provided address verification, etc as requested. Suddenly after 15 days, I stopped getting phonecalls and could not place outgoing calls. I went back to the showroom and demanded my money back. They told me that they sent my address verification details, etc and my phone had issues because by mistake I might have pressed some number which automtically stops service. It was hard to beleive but I dint care as long as my phone was working again.
It worked for 2 days and again I had same issue. I had to call the Hotline aand they were totally useless. After dropping my call 2 times, finally a Superviser named Punita told me my phone number got recycled. I demanded to know how it can happen and she kept saying sorry. She asked me to buy new SIM card for no fault of mine. I was shocked, its not a matter of money, but AIRTEL inspite of accepting their fault could not revive my number nor give me a new SIM card for free.
I have decided never to use AIRTEL again.
Please stay away from this provider...
More Airtel Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Airtel - don't trust airtel! 
- [Resolved] Lost My Cell With An Airtel Sim Card - please block my number - 9970516597 
- [Resolved] Airtel / Puk Number - unable to get puk number! 
- Airtel Do Not Call Registry - continue to receive unsolicited calls and sms! 
- Bharti Airtel Limited - balance tower site rent 
- Bharti Airtel - Mobile Tower Installation Fraud
- Bharti Airtel - Faulty SIM cards
- Airtel India - mobile service issue.. fraud in bills
- Bharti Airtel - not getting network in prepaid mobile no. 8800944537
- Bharti Airtel - recharge amount rs 99 not reflected in airtel contact no.9816578315