Airtel Broadband / horrible customer service and harassment

I had applied for an Airtel broadband connection in Feb 2012. I had called the airtel toll free number from where I got a contact of an agency near Saidapet (Chennai). They promptly collected the advance of Rs. 1000 ...gave me a CEF form and vanished thereafter. I called the agency several times to check on the status of my connection however they only response I would get was that they were working on it! After 1 month of following up (with the agency and Airtel customer care, I got to know that my CEF number was not even showing up on their system. In mid April I called again and this time the airtel customer service agent confirmed that my CEF number was closed. When I asked for the reason I was told that my area could not be given an Airtel broadbad connection (this is in the heart of Chennai...100m from Rah Bhavan!!!) When I enquired about the money I had paid as an advance, I was told that it had been re-imbursed to me (I still have not seen a penny!) Despite repeated followups there has not been any progress...I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY FROM AIRTEL (atleast in Chennai). I can be reached at [protected] if anybody wants to discuss further.