Airtel Broadband / cheating consumer providing misleading information

1 India Review updated:

I was using Airtel Broadband connection for some time until i decided to disconnect it. So i went to Airtel Office here in Sector 14 Gurgaon and asked to block the connection. I also confirmed about any hidden or explicit charges for the same. I was very clearly answers that there would be no charges. My respite was broken when i received a bill of Rs. 500 saying that my connection is still i active mode and has not been disconnected yet as your request was not executed. Then again i sent a mail to block the connection but a bill for 15 days was again generated on the pretext that my request was processed lately due to a backlog of mails on Airtel Server. The Collection Dep. guy called me up asking the reason for leaving the connection. I answered him about the dubious bills generated and misleading info delivered. He promised a waiver of some amount with the condition that i will resume the connection after 2 months. But the connection was resumed after 1 month without a prior notice of information regarding the same which allured an extra sum of rupees 500 again without using the internet or the telephone. GUYS BEWARE OF THESE AIRTEL GUYS WHEN THEY DISCONNECT YOUR CONNECTIONS BECAUSE THEY TRY TO HARASS AND EXPLOIT THE CONSUMERS. BUT DONT LOOSE HOPE FIGHT FOR YOUR JUSTICE THE CONSUMER COURT STANDS RIGHT UP IN YOUR CITY. FILE A CASE AND YOU CAN GET A RESPITE HOPEFULLY UNLESS THE LUCK IS TOO BAD.

Comments

• Su
      3rd of Sep, 2007

They are big time cheater and liers.
    I am having a very very sour experience of teh same.
    Please dont ever call them if you have any issues,
    drop a mail so that you have a record of the same.

• Sh
      11th of Nov, 2008

Dear Sheetal,

As I have purchased one postpaid connection as per no. 9810777340 yesterday from ur office at 7.00PM, but still card has not activated.

As per ur commitment it must have started by last night.

Pl. look into the matter and revert me with confirmation on the below no.

Urgent Waiting !