Aireloom / Kluft Mattresss / Sagging mattress

1 CA, United States

I have had three CalKing beds from this company, two Airelooms and one Kluft. The Aireloom that I bought for about 3K in 2004 is wonderful, the best bed I've ever had. Still is. I bought another Aireloom in 2007 and it sagged and was deemed defective by Aireloom, so we took the credit and upgraded to a Kluft. The Kluft was a very unfortnate experience. It began sag after only a few years into use on a 20 year warranty. There is a visible and detectable rise in the middle of the bed. You can't sleep on it, you can't put weights on it to diminish it, you can't get rid of it no matter what. Aireloom then sent a measurer to measure the second Aireloom bed. On the measurement report, I saw one of the depressions listed as 1 3/8" which is 1/4" less than the depression depth requirement of 1 and 1/2" that is needed to meet warranty replacement standards. Of course, when I later received a call from Aireloom, the deepest number wasn't the same, according to Aireloom customer service. "Oh, no, the report says 1 and 1/8." I protested, but Aireloom customer service insisted I was mistaken about what was on the report. Aireloom then said that they would send me a copy of the measurement report, but guess what! a fewa days later... "Woops...!!!" Now the measurement company has lost the official report that was made at my house, and none of the paperwork is available. INTERESTING!! So, Aireloom sent another measurer, new measuring company, and low and behold, on the second report, the deepest measurement was 7/8", so guess what! "No warranty issue here!" Of course, it's obvious what game is being played here, and it's simply a company that doesn't want to uphold their warranty. Don't ever buy an Aireloom or a Kluft, no matter how rich you are feeling. The quality of bed that they used to offer is no longer available, and the company goes to great lengths to escape their warranty responsibilities.

Ma