Airasia / slow refund and bad customer services

1 Malaysia Review updated:

Airasia (Aa) has poor customer services to handle their refund. I am having poor experience with airasia right now. I booked a flight on aa. A few days after I made the booking, aa cancelled the round-trip flights. When I contact aa about the refund of the payment I made, they weren't helpful and said it will take 60-90 days for queue up to process. When they charged my card for payment, it was immediate, now when they are making a refund back to me, they said it needed to queue up for a 60-90 day waiting period to finish the refund transaction. This is ridculous, with a very lame and irresponsible excuse. With all these technologies nowadays, this kind of transactions can be done in seconds. Secondly, how many refunds they have to do that will take 60-90 day queue-up period???

I am starting to think aa is delibrate in scheduling flights and cancelling them so that they can keep the payments for 60-90 days or even longer in the case of the original complaint in this thread. With this, they can cheat money out of their would-be passengers, and the money adds up in aa bank with all these people waiting for the refund. No wonder it will take 60-90 days to process or finish the refund.

How can we place a formal complaint to any relavant government agencies in malaysia in overseesing the airline industries and their integrity?

Comments

• Md
      29th of Apr, 2011

yes you can complain. But refund is faster nowadays, . sometimes it will take some time.
    You can ask credit shell so that you use your money immediately,

( proflyerz.com )

• Md
      29th of Apr, 2011

mnazri@mot.gov.my
    juhannis@mot.gov.my
    these are the email address to complain