Air India / camera stolen from air india flight
Camera Stolen from Air India Flight
I travelled from Chicago to New Delhi via Frankfurt by Air India flight on 25th June 09.
I was asked to check in my cabin luggage during boarding Air India flight at Chicago, as apparently there was no space in the overhead bins to accommodate my cabin suitcase. Air India agents literally forced me to hand over my cabin luggage which had a lot of essentials that I needed for such a long journey.
On arrival at New Delhi, when I inspected my cabin baggage mentioned above, I found that my digital SLR camera (Nikon make) was missing. I submitted a compliant on air india website, called customer care and lodged missing item report, even handed a hard copy of the report to Air India manager of baggage claim R.R Khurana in New Delhi. All my complaints have only fallen on deaf ears. Till date I have got no response from Air India, leave aside compensation.
Besides losing a $700 camera, I learnt a valuable lesson.. Don;t think I'll be travelling by Air India any time soon.
More Air India Complaints & Reviews
- Air India - lost baggage and incompetent service 
- Air India - compensation problem 
- Air India - ltc - 80 fare
- Air India - stolen items from checked baggage 
- Air India - poor customer service, missed flights 
- Air India - unethical behaviour
- Air India - complaint about crew members
- Air India - luggage issues
- Air India - seat allocation & unethical behaviour
- Air India - baggage damaged