Air France / Don't expect customer service
I'm writing this complaint to let people know that the customer service is Air France is absolutely nonexistent. You are essentially dealing with operators that only care about take your order, not assisting you.
I purchase 2 tickets New York/Paris for May 2009. I need to change one to leave one week earlier and was told that it would cost me $250 penalty plus $300 for the fair increase. So far, nothing surprising, all company do the same. So I looked for a cheap way to leave earlier and found another Air France ticket for $400 (about a $200 saving for me). I intended on leaving using that new ticket to leave earlier, have a no show on the departure date of my initial ticket and still use the return date of my initial ticket. Everybody wins. I save myself $200, I get the dates I want and Air France collects an extra $400 (minus airport taxes of course).
When I called customer service to warn them of the no show on my initial departure date but still validate that my return date I was told that the entire ticket would be canceled. No matter what. I insisted on the fact that I was ready to spend an extra $400 with Air France, but that did not make any different to the operator nor his manager.
So to sum up: Air France would rather lose $400 and my business rather than try to accommodate my needs. Am I the only one absolutely stunt by their lack of business focus?
More Air France Complaints & Reviews
- Air France - Stay away from Air France! 
- Air France - LOST LUGGAGE 
- Air France - Kafka-esque refund runaround
- Air France - Poor service! 
- Air France - AIR FRANCE - 24 HOUR DELAY NO HOTEL NO FOOD 
- Air France - on board service
- Air France - lost bag
- Air France - delayed baggage on flight af 452, paris, charles de gaulel to amman, jordan, may 30th 2018 
- Air France - I had 2 strollers lost
- Air France - uncomfortable premium economy seat