Air Asia

Posted: Aug 12, 2017 by

items stolen by airline staff from my check-in bag

Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
airasia.com
On Thursday 3 August 2017 at time 1820 I took Air Asia flight FD502 from Bangkok DMK airport, Thailand to Hong Kong. Upon arrival and collection of my check-in bag on the Hong Kong baggage collection belt, my bag was already open, and then when I looked inside, my navy blue coloured purse was missing that contained a Rolex watch, Cartier silver ring and cash held in multiple currencies. The navy blue purse I originally got from another airline so it had a square 'Sky Spa' emblem / logo showing at the bottom right hand side. I went straight to HK Air Asia customer service counter and reported the theft, but they said they take no liability for lost items. I also went to HK Airport Lost and Found office and filed a missing items report but nothing has been found or returned.

Obviously one of the staff, likely the baggage handling crew, have stolen these items. We are talking about very significant dollar value of items stolen here. I am seeking some form of compensation or restitution for this theft. I think it is disgusting and sets a poor standard if an airline can passively standby and allow its staff to steal from its passengers.

Brendan from Australia
+61 434 194 178
brendanjames6@gmail.com
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Hong Kong Complaint category Airlines

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree