AIG Insurance / Unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:
I also had 24.90 deducted from my bank account by AIG for a policy I never authorized. They did this in partnership with Wells Fargo who was sending out information about AIG in bank statements. I finally after several phone calls and and threats to report this fraud to the Texas State Attorney General's Office got the policy canceled. I then notified Wells Fargo that they were never to authorize any company or person to access my account w/o my authorization. I thought a bank would understand this w/o me having to tell them. Neither AIG or Wells Fargo would return my 24.90. Perhaps the split it.
Va

Comments

Le
  18th of Nov, 2008
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Neither would reimburse me and apparently I am unable to refuse an unauthorized charge on my wells fargo card. Apparently they have quite a cozy relationship. I'm still fighting the $24.90 (they got me twice).
El
  24th of Nov, 2008
Me too! They're about to charge my account $24.90. I never authorized them to do so. I'm canceling my Wells Fargo account tomorrow and sending a barrel full of letters stating that I'm not interested. Signed, sealed and delivered!
( with delivery confirmation )
Jd
  26th of Feb, 2009
I had the same charge occur twice in less than one month. We never heard of or authorized these charges.
Id
  5th of Nov, 2009
I dont know who all of you talked to in customer service, but I am a former employee in that department. Mind you a jilted and VERY unhappy employee. I felt like I was forced to lie to people every day that I worked there. The best advice I can give everyone is to issue a sales dipute with the corporate office. In the letter request to HEAR a copy of the recording where someone authorized the policy. If no one accepted the insurance or said the person could send it out for a review, then you will get your money back.

The address is
NUFIC
Dept SD
Po Box 44260
Jacksonville, FL 32231-9905

REMEMBER: You want to hear the recording. Otherwise they will send a "Transcript"
Jl
  14th of Jan, 2010
I too am a Wells Fargo customer, and discovered unauthorized charges for an AIG accident insurance policy. This went on for several months before I realized it was happening. AIG immediately cancelled the policy, and advised me to contact their consumer relations department for a possible refund of my paid premiums. I sent them a letter detailing the payments, but they refused to honor my request. I think I will ask to hear a copy of the recording. Thanks.
To
  31st of Mar, 2010
Ditto everyone's complaint. I had a person call me one day from the national union fire insurance company saying that they were calling on behalf of Well's Fargo, and proceeded to go into a sales pitch. I told them, since it Wells Fargo was the company name I heard, and I was busy that day, just to send me the information, and I would review it. I had no idea that I would start having charges tacked on to my mortgage by Wells Fargo for a product I didn't say I would purchase. In a three way call with Wells Fargo, Naitonal Union Fire insurance, and myself, I was told that when I asked to review the policy, it was the same as purchasing it. Further, I was told that I had to write a letter to their Corporate to get a refund of all but the last premium, which they would refund to me.
I wrote the lettter and got a reply that said that they "talked to TONY . . . and he legally purchased the policy."

That's it, no refund --- dishonest, unethical people. I plan to contact my state's attorney general's office. Also, I am going to respond to the denial letter, requesting and audio review of the phone conversation.