Agoda.com / double charge/unauthorized charge

New York, NY, United States Review updated:

I had the similar experience. I booked through Agoda using my Bank of America debit card to get a hotel in Shanghai, China. Upon check out, I paid cash to the hotel but when I returned to the states, I found out my debit card has been charged. So I had a Chinese friend of mine to speak with the hotel, and they said that they have received cash from me so trying to figure out a way to refund via the booking company -- Agoda. And I had Bank of America Dispute Resolution Services handle the case. But, after 2 months, I received a letter from BofA saying there's no error so they closed the claim. Then, I looked at the voucher Agoda sent to BofA (sent by BofA along with their letter of conclusion) It's just a reservation confirmation letter so it's not a receipt that I signed on. The truth is when I paid cash to the hotel, I received a receipt from the clerk but I threw it away. And Agoda is presenting to BofA a confirmation voucher -- what does that mean? Nothing. There's no my signature on it. I had another Chinese friend of mine to speak to the hotel. They said the same thing - they have received cash from me and spoke with Agoda about the issue so I should have received my money back. Anyway, I'm still in the process of resolution. Am thinking about complaining to Priceline.com directly if this doesn't get resolved. Priceline bought Agoda and they should be aware of Agoda's scheme.

Comments

• Fr
      25th of Apr, 2012

I'm having problems with them right now. I booked a hotel for Seoul, Korea and the hotel ended up being a motel and I ended up sleeping at my relative's house the first night anyway so I just checked out the next day. The hotel told me they'd take care of everything, and I emailed Agoda just in case anyway. I had to email them twice to get a response back a week later. It's been 3 weeks now since I checked out and I'm back in the States. I just happened to find their customer service number for America and called them. Apparently, they will call me back after they find someone to speak with the hotel to verify that I did check out after one night. Either way, their customer service and just EVERYTHING in general is out of proportion. I would NOT recommend this site to anyone. Don't even TRY it because this is what happened to me when I decided to TRY this site out. I guess they expect people to just fall out and call it a day because it takes them forever to "investigate" the matter, but let me tell you, I will not tolerate that. Someone has to show them that stuff like this need to be addressed and handled properly. Really, this site is a scam.