Agoda / amending a booking and ending up being charged twice for the booking

- I made a booking on the Agoda website

- I realized within a few minutes that I got the check-in date wrong which added an extra night to my booking

- I went back on the Agoda website and followed the on-screen instructions for amending my booking, including re-entering my credit card details.

- I then received an email from Agoda confirming the amended booking and the correct amount my credit card will be charged.

- When I checked in the hotel a week later I was informed by the hotel that I'd booked my room twice and they couldn't do anything about it.

- I contacted Agoda by e-mail and here is the gist of their answer:

"We would like to inform you that there is a additional charge for amending of dates from Aug 7-12, 2018 to Aug 8-13, 2018. Please note as per cancellation policy This booking is Non-Refundable and cannot be amended or modified., If you fail to arrive or cancel the booking, no refund will be given that is why you have an additional of GBP 171.72."

In other words, for a booking costing GBP 150 they arbitrarily charged me an extra GBP 171.72 (actually GBP 179 on my credit card statement>>>) for daring to modify my checking in date by 24 hours! Thank you Agoda!

I tried calling them but either I was kept waiting 20mns + until I hung up or the call dropped suddenly. The support department offers no help other than sending the same standard e-mail.

I've been an Agoda client for around 10 years with on average 5 bookings a year, never again!

An
Aug 28, 2018

Comments

• Ke
      Aug 28, 2018

Agoda is the worst company it has ever been my misfortune to trust