Afni, Inc. / collection call for wrong balance

Oct 12, 2017
Received a call from AFNI and had a person by the name of "Cat" tell me my balance with Verizon was $ 306.24. She stated that she was a Third party collector. (Afni according to Verizon is one of their divisions, so it is not a third party collector) When I finished with her, I got verizon on the phone and had them both listen to each other. Meagan with AFNI, supervisor, preceded to tell me the balance was actually $ 122.00, which is the correct amount. I asked why would Cat state is was $ 300.00, she stated that becuase we have a lot of calls, sometimes there are mistakes. I informed her that I as well handle collections and I have never, never, called a customer and given them the wrong balance. I preceeded to get her to pull the call, all of a sudden, she can't but her supervisor can, but is unavailable. If I was stupid, and didnt know my balance, they would have accepted the $ 300.00 and made a profit of $ 184.00. Drop Verizon, go with someone else, they are crooks and obviously hire thieves!

Afni Logo Afni
1310 Martin Luther King Dr.
United States - 61701-1465