Afni, IncFormer Employee

A

I am a former employee of Afni, Inc. in Bloomington. I had to quit after my morals were pushed to the limits with what supervisors/coaches wanted to me to say to consumers. It was by far...the worst company I have ever worked for in my lifetime of 42 years. I was appauled. If anyone...ANYONE wants "inside" information on this company and how to get OUT of paying the bills they THINK owe...just ask. I can tell you how to nip this all in the behind, get your case closed with Afni and have them never contact you again. I wish there were something I could do nationw-wide to expose this company for their standards, morals and HOW THEY TREAT their consumers and employees. Its so very, very sad. Thank you

• Ln
    LN Jun 08, 2016

Today I received a collection notice from Anfi, Inc. stating that I owed $5852.74
    I have no recollection of these charges from VERISON-NJ. I've never received an notices from Verison. What's with these people. I guess I will have to contact my lawyer to find out what's going on. These people are crazy. I've never seen anything about this on my credit report. I reviewed my credit report in Feb. of this year and there was nothing from them. I do not live in NJ and have not lived there for the last 5 years. This bill is in my maiden name.

Does anybody really know how to handle these people? No way would I even attempt to pay this with out legal advice first.

Any advice on what these people are really about would be of great help!

• Mt
    mtngrl821 Jun 08, 2016

My brother recently received a letter from Afni saying they are trying to collect a Verizon bill of over $900.00, from 1996! First of all, my brother is developmentally delayed; secondly, my brother never lived at the address in question. We called Afni and a very rude young man implied that we were lying about my brother and offered to make us a settlement offer. For what??? My brother doesn't owe this bill and is not going to pay it! We told the young man that my brother's personal info had been stolen and this account was fraudulent, but he said he didn't believe us. We told him other utilities had been turned on at this same residence around this same time [protected]) and had been reported as fraudulent to the utilities companies and to the major credit reporting agencies. He did not want to hear it. He also said he could trace the number we were calling from (a blocked internet calling number) and could track my brother down for payment. We told him to send us copies of all the proof he had that this bill belongs to my brother. We are still waiting!!!

• Tr
    Tracey Nason Jun 08, 2016

Yesterday upon opening my mail, I discovered a collection notice for Afni, Inc. in attempt to collect for Verizon New York Inc for the amount of $423.74. When I called to find out what this was about the guy, by the name of "Kelly", stated it was to collect on a past due bill from 7/1993 to 4/1994. Upon requesting he send me copies of these past due bills, he stated that I "had to send in a request in writing". Today I decided to see what I could pull up on google.com on this company, I really got the shock of a lifetime. So many complaints & wonders similar to mine. As several others I have read, there was no mention of any past due Verizon bill on my credit report, which was just looked at last month by a very big and well known car dealer, and I had no problem getting a new vehicle. This really seems odd to me, ESPECIALLY considering I currently have my phone service through Verizon.

Ronnie Davis Jr Jun 08, 2016

AFNI, Inc. has been trying to collect for a Cingular cell phone account that I never had in the amount of $282.00. No matter how much I fight the collection, this company states that they have investigated, and the debt is mine. Someone needs to be monitoring this credit bureaus and collection agencies. They are quick to try and ruin your life.

• Ka
    katrinadi Jun 08, 2016

I understand your frustration, but you can't possibly expect her to send you proof without an address - they'll find it anyways, they always do somehow. If you dispute this debt you need to write a debt validation letter address it to Afni. Google DV letters for some ideas. It might be helpful to contact Charter and ask them if they're showing a balance for your name. You could owe a previous bill and still have service with them now; it may have been overlooked, it might of been so small they didn't mind, or you were charged a deposit upon new installation at your current address. Either way, you need to resolve the issue quickly. Afni has a history of this BS and the ball is in your court.

• Ir
    IRRITATED IN GA Jun 08, 2016

Afni is on my credit report. They say I owe charter communications 75.00 from November of 2004! I have service with charter now. I am pretty sure if I owed them money they would have cut off my service by now. Not only that, when O called to ask Afni about this, I was on hold for 14 mins before anyone answered my call. Then I told the lady that I have charter now and I am sure I don't owe the money. She told me that I do owe it and that I have service with them because I am in different area now (I still live in the same county I have always liven in.). I asked her to send my proof. She said she would and told me to have a nice day. I asked her where she was gong to send the proof to. She then told me that she needed my address because she didn't have a current address. Needless to say, she did not get my address! These people are trying to take advantage of people and I know that a lot of people will pay these sort of things just to get it off their credit report and be done with it. Please fight this. Do not give them money to keep running their scam!

• Da
    Darryl Rogers Jun 08, 2016

I received a letter from AFNI, Inc indicating that I owe Verizon New York, Inc in the amount of $48.52 and that they were in charge of collecting the debt for them. I immediately called a representative from AFNI, Inc to inform them that the letter was an error and that I received a credit from Verizon with the exact account # in the amount of $60.48. I spoke to a rude and belligerent person who would not listen to reason. I was told NOT to contact Verizon to resolve the dispute because they would only refer them back to them. I called Verizon and was informed that they would contact AFNI, Inc regarding the error and that they would correct the problem -- only time will tell. The hostile and aggressive AFNI's representative promted me to file this complaint. A follow-up letter will be sent to the company's president to alert him or her of the lack of professionalism exhibited by his employees.

Christine Roberts Jun 08, 2016

I received a collection notice from AFNI, Inc. today for a phone number I've never had. After reading it, I remember my Dad also getting a collections notice recently for a phone number he never had. My Dad and I live at the same address. I find it extremely amusing we both received letters for numbers we've never had! I'm glad I looked these con-artists up before I seriously thought about paying it. I found a website that gives a template for a dispute letter. It also gives detailed steps to follow to dispute it and have proof. The link is http://fair-debt-collection.com/Disputing_Collections/initial-dispute-letter.html Hopefully this can help some other people out there. I'm sending my letter to them first thing tomorrow!!

• Be
    Betsy S. Damitz Jun 08, 2016

Afni, Inc sent me a collection notice on November 3, 2008 stating that I owed Verizon Virginia Inc a balance of $116.42 and Afni could not furnish me with the Verizon account number, the phone number or even the dates involved ! I contacted Verizon who said my account has ALWAYS been current and there are NO PAST DUE AMOUNTS ! This is obviously a fraudulent attempt to collect money and I am notifying the FTC, Virginia Consumer Protection and Better Business Bureau of Afni's action.

• Ba
    bajaskier Jun 08, 2016

There is nothing to resolve. The entire thing is a scam. Threaten them with small claims court and see if they drop it. If they dont, go ahead and taken them court since they have no proof as the entire "charge" is made up. Collect double or triple damages! Enjoy!

Tom

• Ce
    cecilie Jun 08, 2016

I appear to one of thousands in this country who has received a statement from AFNI, Inc claiming I owe money for a "Qwest" telephone bill from 2002. The bill is from Phoenix, AZ and I was living in Chicago in 2002. They cannot even spell my last name correctly nor get my gender right!

I send a dispute letter to AFNI in November, copying it to the BBB of IL and the TX Attorney General (I now live in Dallas). Currently, BBB of IL is handling my complaint. I continue to disagree w/ AFNI's response (they responded Dec. 1st) as they claim to have obtained this Qwest bill after 2 other collection agencies tried to collect. I have NEVER been contacted by any collection agency in reference to this bill and it has never shown up on my credit report (and still doesn't) and I have good credit. They provided a vague bill w/ little detail and w/o letterhead...they claim this is what they received from Qwest. One more thing, upon my initial phone call, I asked them to verify my social security number and they had it on file! This was very frightening... I truly don't understand how they are getting away w/ this...

I'm really disturbed that so many people are affected by this company. This company appears to conduct business in a dishonest fashion and are unwilling to provide information to either prove or disapprove that money is owed. I hope that my situation can be resolved as I feel that I am being harassed to pay a bill that was never mine to begin with.

• Xc
    xcpdq9 Sep 14, 2013

Shift worker refused to allow someone to enter and enticed the person into the office to summons the police.

• Gl
    glendab57 Aug 01, 2011

I called to see why I had to pay them $ 700. the lady couldn't tell me, she wanted my ss#, and refused to give it to her, and she wanted me to go on their website to look up my account, I don't have an account with them. I tried to get her to tell me why, i'm owing, and she insisted on getting my ss#. What do I do if they harrass me?

• Af
    Afni-sick Mar 30, 2011

don't pay the bill!!! There are ways out of it. Afni is immorally doing business. Please believe me! I am a former employee!

rob wiseheart Mar 22, 2011

my husband just got a letter from afni on 3/11/2011 stating that he owed a bill for 329.47 and that they will settle for 50.00 and he has never had a phone through verizon inc

rob wiseheart Mar 22, 2011

my husband just got a letter from this collector that says he owes for a verizon inc a 329.47 but they will settle for 50.00 and he has never owned a verizon phone just got the letter on 3/11/2011

• Af
    Afni, Inc Feb 03, 2011

rec'd offer of settlement from Afni, Inc for GTE Southwest Inc. original amount $816.47 offer $408.24 and another collection notice for $58.92 original GTE Southwest Inc. Website listed did not recognize either acct # given and phone number attempt s failed. Phone number listed on Afni notices is a residental number that is not GTE nor have we had an GTE account. This is a SCAM and has several listing online as SCAM's.

• Go
    Gordon M. Minney May 25, 2010

I've never had Cingular and they say balance due$386.14 settle for $193.07 dated 2-1-08. I've had Verizon since 04 and never recieved billing from Cingular. Sincerely Yours Gordon M. Minney, account #[protected]. My phone is [protected].Thank You

• Ca
    Carol Olson Feb 05, 2010

On Febuary 5, 2010, we recieved a collection notice for a Qwest phone bill. I, Carol Olson, have never puchased phone service from Qwest.

• Jr
    jrrmtn Oct 15, 2009

I was also contacted by afni, inc. for a verizon phone bill that was from 1996!! I paid the bill trying to improve my credit score but come to find out it wasn't even on my credit anymore.

• Cr
    creditwrench Sep 02, 2009

Did you know that there is a federal two year statute of limitations on cell phone bills?

joe.P Sep 02, 2009

This complainy has contacted me stating that i owed $475.68 for a T-Mobile phone that i have never had. I informed them that i never had a T-Mobile phone. plus were i live they dont have their service in the area. I dont know if they can put this on your credit report or not. i hope not

• Mu
    mustangcis Jul 14, 2009

Afni says i owe $155.00 to qwest for an account opened in july of 2008. They have got to kidding me, i called qwest and they have no idea what i am talking about and can not even find an account from those date, the last time i had qwest was feb of 2004. No one can give me a phone number or address that this bill is supposidly suppose to go to...They will not get any money from me...!!!1

• Jf
    J Fernandez Mar 25, 2008

AFNI, Inc. has been mailing fraudulent collections claims for telephone services from Verizon Inc. with a number that does not belong to me, nor have I ever done business with Verizon. I have researched a history of fraud and complaints regarding AFNI, Inc. and is a phishing scam with potential for identity theft.

• Re
    REGINA COELHO Mar 13, 2008

AFNI, INC. is a collection agency that has been sending me numerous bills for internet services, that I have not used.

• Mi
    michele mattigly Jan 02, 2008

a bill from a collection agency. this bill was never mine. they tried to get personal information from me. they theatened to continue to harass me for money. afni, inc. collections.

• Ri
    RICHARD WEISS Oct 16, 2007

These shysters mailed a letter to me stating i owed $185.37 to verizon california inc. When i called them to find out what this was about they said i lived in long beach california in 1999. All bogus and none of it true or may god strike me dead. They even had the nerve to try and give me a 50% off deal to send them a check. Why dont these ###s have the balls to rob people with real guns?

Charles Adams Aug 12, 2007

Just received 2 collection notices from Afni, Inc. both for past due bills from Verizon NY. One in the anount of $7806.33 and the other for $7433.29.

Never had Verizon as a service. Never had these phone numbers. Never lived in NY.

Look like its going to take some work on my part to stop these weasels.