Afni, Inc. / Collections

United States Review updated:
I recived a collections on an over due account. For Charter Communications,past due amount of
$71.85. Asking me to pay a "settlement offer"of $35.93.No date of bill sent to collection.
What kind of collections company ever settled for half on another attempt to contact.

I have never had an account with Charter Communications.I will let every one know this is b-!!!!!.
Starting with Charter,Post Office and Better buisness buro.

Comments

Aw
  2nd of Mar, 2009

Afni Inc - Collection
AFNI INC.
Illinois
Phone: 800-767-2364

I received a copy of my credit report and found two different items from AFNI Inc. A Charter account Listed for 166.00 and Verizon for 198.00.. I currently have Verizon service, however during that time fram listed on my credit report I did not have Verizon. Charter is listed on my credit file however I did not have Charter. It is amazing to me how many people have accounts listed that are incorrect for this company. The company will not provide with with any information on the account.
My
  17th of Apr, 2009
I received two letters at the same time for the same number from verizon. I did have this number but never with verizon. It is very odd that they are in my maiden name and have never showed up on my credit report. I have cleaned up my credit and know there is nothing. It is very odd that they would rather settle for a lesser amount than to take the full amount. My letters also have no date of when this is from. I can't beleive people can get away with stealing from others and its perfectly legal.
  12th of Apr, 2013

Afni, Inc - Collections
Afni, iNC
PO Box 3517
Illinois
Phone: 8663520458

I received a collections notice from Afni which said I owed them 109 dollars because I did not pay my AT&T bill. I have never had an account with AT&T in my life. I called the Afni to see why I had the bill. Of course a collections agent accuses me of lying and tells me I need to pay. The part I dont understand is how they have my social security number if I never had an account with AT&T. Then I googled them and found tons of compaints about them.
Al
  12th of Apr, 2013
Afini is a bottom feeding debt buyer...Sadly, most debt buyers don't care if the debt is valid or not, they gamble that they can get you to pay anyway, just to get them to go away. That's why the agent started abusing you (calling you a liar). Don't be surprised if the abuse gets worse every time you speak with them. They think if they make it bad enough for you, you'll pay to make it stop. Knowing your rights is critical here. Under the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collections Practices Act), the federal law that governs debt collectors, it is illegal to abuse someone when attempting to collect a debt. You also have a right to ask for validation of the alleged debt. If you ask for validation (in writing sent certified mail with return receipt requested) within 30 days of the initial contact letter, they must stop all collection attempts until they validate the debt. Asking for validation is as simple as stating that you are disputing the entire debt, and are requesting validation per the FDCPA. Ask for two specific pieces of information. 1. Proof that the debt is valid, and 2. Proof that Afini has legal standing to demand a penny from you. Type your name at the bottom of the letter. (Never sign letters to a debt collector. Those signatures have been known to show up on bogus documentation used to bolster a debt buyers bogus claims.) Sometimes asking for validation is enough to get the debt buyer to go away. Another option is to go to an attorney in your area who is a member of the NACA (National Association of Consumer Advocates), who specialize in dealing with debt collectors. Their website is www.naca.net

Afni Logo Afni
Overall Satisfaction Rating

159 Reviews
1310 Martin Luther King Dr.
IL