Posted:

Former Employee

2.5
Afni, Inc.
Bloomington, Illinois
I am a former employee of Afni, Inc. in Bloomington. I had to quit after my morals were pushed to the limits with what supervisors/coaches wanted to me to say to consumers. It was by far...the worst company I have ever worked for in my lifetime of 42 years. I was appauled. If anyone...ANYONE wants "inside" information on this company and how to get OUT of paying the bills they THINK owe...just ask. I can tell you how to nip this all in the behind, get your case closed with Afni and have them never contact you again. I wish there were something I could do nationw-wide to expose this company for their standards, morals and HOW THEY TREAT their consumers and employees. Its so very, very sad. Thank you
Complaint comments Comments (28) Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies

Comments

Afni Inc. - Fraudulent Collection Attempt

I received a collection notice from AFNI, Inc. today for a phone number I've never had. After reading it, I remember my Dad also getting a collections notice recently for a phone number he never had. My Dad and I live at the same address. I find it extremely amusing we both received letters for numbers we've never had! I'm glad I looked these con-artists up before I seriously thought about paying it. I found a website that gives a template for a dispute letter. It also gives detailed steps to follow to dispute it and have proof. The link is http://fair-debt-collection.com/Disputing_Collections/initial-dispute-letter.html Hopefully this can help some other people out there. I'm sending my letter to them first thing tomorrow!!
A  8th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
I understand your frustration, but you can't possibly expect her to send you proof without an address - they'll find it anyways, they always do somehow. If you dispute this debt you need to write a debt validation letter address it to Afni. Google DV letters for some ideas. It might be helpful to contact Charter and ask them if they're showing a balance for your name. You could owe a previous bill and still have service with them now; it may have been overlooked, it might of been so small they didn't mind, or you were charged a deposit upon new installation at your current address. Either way, you need to resolve the issue quickly. Afni has a history of this BS and the ball is in your court.

Afni, Inc - Fraudulent bill
Georgia
www.afnicollections.com

Afni is on my credit report. They say I owe charter communications 75.00 from November of 2004! I have service with charter now. I am pretty sure if I owed them money they would have cut off my service by now. Not only that, when O called to ask Afni about this, I was on hold for 14 mins before anyone answered my call. Then I told the lady that I have charter now and I am sure I don't owe the money. She told me that I do owe it and that I have service with them because I am in different area now (I still live in the same county I have always liven in.). I asked her to send my proof. She said she would and told me to have a nice day. I asked her where she was gong to send the proof to. She then told me that she needed my address because she didn't have a current address. Needless to say, she did not get my address! These people are trying to take advantage of people and I know that a lot of people will pay these sort of things just to get it off their credit report and be done with it. Please fight this. Do not give them money to keep running their scam!

Afni, Inc - Verizon New York

I received a letter from AFNI, Inc indicating that I owe Verizon New York, Inc in the amount of $48.52 and that they were in charge of collecting the debt for them. I immediately called a representative from AFNI, Inc to inform them that the letter was an error and that I received a credit from Verizon with the exact account # in the amount of $60.48. I spoke to a rude and belligerent person who would not listen to reason. I was told NOT to contact Verizon to resolve the dispute because they would only refer them back to them. I called Verizon and was informed that they would contact AFNI, Inc regarding the error and that they would correct the problem -- only time will tell. The hostile and aggressive AFNI's representative promted me to file this complaint. A follow-up letter will be sent to the company's president to alert him or her of the lack of professionalism exhibited by his employees.
N  8th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - Bogus collection!
Afni, Inc

AFNI, Inc. has been trying to collect for a Cingular cell phone account that I never had in the amount of $282.00. No matter how much I fight the collection, this company states that they have investigated, and the debt is mine. Someone needs to be monitoring this credit bureaus and collection agencies. They are quick to try and ruin your life.
A  8th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
Today I received a collection notice from Anfi, Inc. stating that I owed $5852.74
I have no recollection of these charges from VERISON-NJ. I've never received an notices from Verison. What's with these people. I guess I will have to contact my lawyer to find out what's going on. These people are crazy. I've never seen anything about this on my credit report. I reviewed my credit report in Feb. of this year and there was nothing from them. I do not live in NJ and have not lived there for the last 5 years. This bill is in my maiden name.

Does anybody really know how to handle these people? No way would I even attempt to pay this with out legal advice first.

Any advice on what these people are really about would be of great help!
N  8th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - Fraudulent Verizon phone bill!

My brother recently received a letter from Afni saying they are trying to collect a Verizon bill of over $900.00, from 1996! First of all, my brother is developmentally delayed; secondly, my brother never lived at the address in question. We called Afni and a very rude young man implied that we were lying about my brother and offered to make us a settlement offer. For what??? My brother doesn't owe this bill and is not going to pay it! We told the young man that my brother's personal info had been stolen and this account was fraudulent, but he said he didn't believe us. We told him other utilities had been turned on at this same residence around this same time (1995-1996) and had been reported as fraudulent to the utilities companies and to the major credit reporting agencies. He did not want to hear it. He also said he could trace the number we were calling from (a blocked internet calling number) and could track my brother down for payment. We told him to send us copies of all the proof he had that this bill belongs to my brother. We are still waiting!!!
N  8th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes

Afni, Inc - Collection for Verizon from 1993!

Yesterday upon opening my mail, I discovered a collection notice for Afni, Inc. in attempt to collect for Verizon New York Inc for the amount of $423.74. When I called to find out what this was about the guy, by the name of "Kelly", stated it was to collect on a past due bill from 7/1993 to 4/1994. Upon requesting he send me copies of these past due bills, he stated that I "had to send in a request in writing". Today I decided to see what I could pull up on google.com on this company, I really got the shock of a lifetime. So many complaints & wonders similar to mine. As several others I have read, there was no mention of any past due Verizon bill on my credit report, which was just looked at last month by a very big and well known car dealer, and I had no problem getting a new vehicle. This really seems odd to me, ESPECIALLY considering I currently have my phone service through Verizon.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree