Afni, Inc. Bloomington, IL / Predatory collections practices

1 PO Box 3427Bloomington, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-827-6002 or 866-308-0229

I, too, am a victim of AFNI, Inc., Bloomington, IL. It started in 9-2006 when I finally called about a collections letter for a cable company I didn't recognize. It turns out that it was a company I had service with 18 years earlier (21 now)! I told the man I talked to that I wouldn't be paying it because it was so old and that I didn't believe I even owed the money. The next week it was on my credit report as being "opened in 10-2006". I filed 2 reports with FTC and disputed it with Equifax twice. It's still on my credit report. Equifax investigated and came to the conclusion that it is a "valid debt". In April of 2008, I called the company again and talked to a "supervisor" who told me the final bill was sent in 11-2003. I moved from that town in 1990 after stopping all services! In the meantime, they have charged me $73 more for a Qwest bill that I don't owe and that is now on my report as well. I just filed my 3rd complaint with FTC as well as a complaint to the Oregon Attorney General. I don't know what it will take to get these people to stop. It seems that they can charge people with any amount of money for any bogus debt! In my case, they are making up false debts from companies that I actually have done business with far, far in the past. Maybe we can band together to stop them. Do the words "Class Action Lawsuit" sound good to anybody?????

Be

Comments

• Wi
      24th of Sep, 2010

I never had any service from Qwest nor Afni. They appeared on my Experion annual report recently.
    Peculiar, I'd had Verizon wireless service only since moving to Arizona in 2007.Most people in this small communty are on wireless phone service; they don't duplicate telephone service adding landlines-the cost is not needed, necessary.
    Qwest has the worst reputation on service and a mass of slamming reports in this area and other areas all over the internet. The internet is loaded with complaintants sites about Qwests illegal practices and Afni's illegal practices.
    This Afni was from Bloomington, IL and did not provide a telephone number on my credit report. I did a lot of deep research on the internet finding out how Afni uses fraud to make-up non-existent accounts and bill anyone they want for them, and Qwests greedy extra profitteering account-making -up(fraud) as they know many people don't care to have landlines.
    I've never received anything in the mail in a form of a bill, th like from either company, never called either, won't do business ever withe either. I gave the credit bureau much information and they are investigating the fraud right now.
    As always on other issues, I will continue to post and repeatedly post smearing Qwest and Afni on all internet consumer complaint sites. And write to the Attorney General, FCC, State Senators and Rep in Arizona
    Cordes Lakes, Arizona
    Would be very glad to participate in any class action suit applicable! Send the info!

• Ga
      28th of Jul, 2011

I am currently fighting with AFNI over a bogus bill from Frontier Wireless. When I cancelled my DSL service with Frontier they claimed I owed them a $ 75 cancellation fee even though I had completed the 12 month term the fee was applicable to. They also billed for 15 days beyond the date my service was disconnected. AFNI is taking the position that if Frontier billed it I owe it. They don't seem interested in listening to any explanation to the contrary.