Afnicollectionsfraudulant charges/collections

M

I recently received a letter from a collection agency called afnicollections stating that I owe an outrageous amount of $893.65. Now I know for damn sure I don't owe any money to any phone company in any amount. I tried calling this company to find out about these allegations, but could not get through. After trying to call this number all day, I decided to go to this website to see how else I could get through. after seeing all these complaints of fraud charges/collections I am convinced that this letter is bogus. shut these guys down!!!

• Em
    emerald24 Jan 30, 2012

We just received a bill in the mail stating we owe money for a telephone bill from a carrier we never had, nor ever had that telephone number . We had recently moved, so wondering if that somehow triggered scam in the mail . Hopefully, others do not send people money and realize it's a scam collection. I notice other complaints have been a few years, so they must have started back up.

Mallory Johnson Dec 01, 2008

I am so glad I looked this number up, b/c I got a bill in the mail for my husband saying he owes money, for QWEST...for some phone number, but I'm pretty sure that the phone he had there was not in his name, even though they had the phone, I am almost positive it wasn't in his name, because his mom put everything in her name. Sooo...this was when he was in college. Had I not looked this up, I would have called, and probably believed them, because my husband is in Iraq.

• La
    Laurie Nov 25, 2008

www.budhibbs.com

learn about AFNI and how to fight them

• Ge
    gergana Nov 24, 2008

attempt to collect money on nonexisting verizon account

• Mi
    Michael Nov 19, 2008

I also received a bill for a BOGUS amount of money for a past due bill from a "phone company" that I have NEVER used. 8 years old. Unfortunatly, I gave up important information that I shouldn't have never given up. 'THEY' have too much correct info. to think it's not real. These people are wrong, and should be investigated before any additional info. is given up. I closed out all of my exsisting accounts with currant companies and was forced to change everything. Ironically, I have family in law enforcement in Illinois. We may never know the out come, but it's a start.

• Ba
    bajaskier Nov 06, 2008

It's a running scam as you see by the other comments. Ignore them or take them to small claims court and collect triple damages for harrassment.

• We
    wendy Nov 06, 2008

I CALLED THEM ASKING WHY I OWE $145.42, THEY SAID ITS A PHONE BILL WHEN I USE TO LIVE IN COLORADO, BUT I NEVER LIVED IN COLORADO. THEY SAID I NEED TO PAY THIS BILL.