Afni Collections / Fraudrulent Bill Claim

Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:

Afini Collections used my husband and my address, used an old Verizon Telephone Number of ours,
going back seven years ago, researched my daughter's out-of-state address, sent her a bill with our address, and accused her of owing a bill for over $350.00! She never had a Verizon Account. Futhermore, how did they go about accessing Verizon's data, and sending my daughter a bogus bill to
my daughter's current address. This against the law.

Comments

Ke
  4th of Mar, 2008
I totally agree with the complaint I read, because Afini bought my alleged account from some other company whom I never recieved word that I allegedly owed them for a Verizon bill. I've only lived in L.A since my move from Ohio and now I have to make a complaint regarding fraudulate use of my name and Afini collection group.
Wi
  25th of Sep, 2008
Hello!
Im not sure what kind of research they do but, it can't be much! Im going through a simalar thing right now. They sent me a Verizon bill 4 years old that IS NOT mine! I haven't had a phone in my name since 1984! This bill they are trying to milk me for is almost $500.00! Don't know the address and surely never lived there. In all this time, i never recieved a bil from Verizon yet AFNI finds me without a problem! Curious! They even gave me a name of the person recieving the bill and a separate address for the actual billing of the service! Now they are threatening to post it to my credit report! This is "BOGUS"! I've spent the past years rebuilding my credit and now im gonna get a black eye over a bogus debt! Im livid over this!!! Their has to be help for this out there somewhere...
William Bartlett
Tr
  3rd of Jan, 2009
I have just received a notice saying I owe $488 FOR tMOBLIE. i NEVER HAD A TMOBILE PHONE ALWAYS VERIZON AND ONE TIME FOR SPRINT.

Afni Logo Afni
Overall Satisfaction Rating

159 Reviews
1310 Martin Luther King Dr.
Bloomington