Afni Collections / Fraudulent billing!

p.o. box 4127, bloomington, IL 61702-3427Bloomington, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-265-6216

identity theft! I never had an account w/alltel as they claim. I attended college in North Carolina many years before they claimed the account was opened. I didn't even live in North Carolina at the time they claim the account was opened. They are lying. They are destroying my credit based on a fraudulent claim. Should I go to the police? Which agency would handle something like this... Plz advise smb!

Comments

Do
  23rd of Oct, 2008
I did nothing after calling and complaining to both AFNI and Verizon and now I'm screwed. The amount was only $37.00 but it was the principal. They just reported it on my credit and my credit score dropped nearly 100 points. Over $37 bucks!! I still wont pay it but it's going to take me a long time to clean this crap up.
Al
  29th of Dec, 2008
You can add MCI Long Distance to the long list of phone type companies selling "zombie' or "false debt" to Afni. We got hit with $a $74.06 this year, right after my husband's bankrupcty was discharged. Seems these type of "scams" happen when your credit history or credit report changes for whatever reason. My husband wasn't sure if he ever had MCI, and we had no documents to prove he didn't owe it, so we just sucked it up, and paid the darn thing. He has also been targeted by AT&T, which he was sure he paid, but then again, couldn't prove it, and recently by Southwest Collections for AT&T Mobility (his son's bill) These companies are SELLING our information to these collection agencies, and that's a violation of our privacy!

Afni Logo Afni
Overall Satisfaction Rating

159 Reviews
1310 Martin Luther King Dr.
Bloomington