AFNI / Afni is a fraud!

I received my collection notice today 5/18/07 staying that i owe $645.36 to Verizon new York, Inc with a disconnected # for Verizon new York. I called the toll free # [protected] for Afni and waited on hold to speak to someone. He never said his name until I asked before I told him why I was calling. Then told me it was from Oct 1999. Why am I getting this 8 yrs later? The account was under my maiden name for an address in Binghamton, NY under my SSN. I have never been to or lived in NY. Dad is a lawyer and he will be pointing me in right directions to stop this company, hopefully.

A  6th of Jun, 2007 by
AFNI steals your identity!!!

They Phish for your info then send you a collection for notice a bill that is not yours, or possibly anyones. Being a collection agency they are permitted to view credit reports. When they find a candidate they think will pay they send you a collection notice. They will not have any full information just partial. Only what they can retrieve from your credit report. They are banking on the fact that you will just pay it than fight it.

Afni Logo Afni
1310 Martin Luther King Dr.
United States - 61701-1465