Aeroplan / ripping me off again...
Argh! I am so sick of Aeroplan! I have switched to another reward plan but I am still trying to use my remaining points and credits, to no avail.
This time, I tried to use some 25k credits I had from a flight I had to cancel at the last minute last summer. The one stupid condition I had been made aware of is that the flight has to be in the same direction. Well it turns out that in order to use my credits, the flight also has to cost the same number of points. I am more than willing to use some of my extra points to book a more "expensive" flight (no flights available at the cost of last year), but they won't allow me to do that because it is not in the same cost category. So they would rather see my 25k points expire than let me use them PLUS another 30k points. Oh and if I remember well, they were going to charge me as well to rebook, unless they already charged me when I cancelled. Can't remember. Insulting.
More Aeroplan Complaints & Reviews
- Aeroplan - expired aeroplan miles without proper notice! 
- Air Canada Aeroplan - fraud and cheating! 
- Aeroplan - no longer good value 
- Air Canada Aeroplan - cancellation fee amounts to 102%
- Aeroplan - mystery taxes & fees 
- Aeroplan.com - website is bugged and forces you to pay fees 
- Aeroplan.com - service fees for a change to one small segment of my flight
- Aeroplan.com - website and customer service
- Aeroplan.com - expired miles
- Aeroplan.com - taxes, fees and surcharges