Aeroplan / ripping me off again...

1 Montreal, Canada Review updated:

Argh! I am so sick of Aeroplan! I have switched to another reward plan but I am still trying to use my remaining points and credits, to no avail.
This time, I tried to use some 25k credits I had from a flight I had to cancel at the last minute last summer. The one stupid condition I had been made aware of is that the flight has to be in the same direction. Well it turns out that in order to use my credits, the flight also has to cost the same number of points. I am more than willing to use some of my extra points to book a more "expensive" flight (no flights available at the cost of last year), but they won't allow me to do that because it is not in the same cost category. So they would rather see my 25k points expire than let me use them PLUS another 30k points. Oh and if I remember well, they were going to charge me as well to rebook, unless they already charged me when I cancelled. Can't remember. Insulting.

Ba
Jun 18, 2015

Comments

Gl
  21st of Oct, 2016

Aeroplan, are run by con artists. IT IS A SCAM FROM ALL POINTS OF VIEW. THERE ARE A NUMBER OF UNSUSPECTING SENIORS (and other's) THAT WILL SURELY GET RIPPED OFF HERE. I WENT TO MY BANK AND INFORMED THEM OF THE HYGEENKS THAT THEY ARE PULLING ON UNSUSPECTING CONSUMERS.
These people should be ashamed of what they are trying to pull off. By me looking elsewhere to find a better deal on a car rental; I saved approx. 600 dollars on a week car rental. This is the honest truth. I would definitely pay more using the Aeroplan card. I have already taken the scissors to mine; and I suggest, that others do the same!