Aeromexico / theft/ customer service

Aug 11, 2015
Please share: even if our family isn't able to be reimbursed for the valuables that were stolen at the miguel hidago guadalajara international airport in mexico, after flying aeromexico during our recent vacation, we hope this email helps create awareness about how little this airline/airport's passengers' personal belongings mean to them. As the customer we are no longer able to trust this company or the airports where they operate with any valuables. Wear them or carry them on your body because once they leave your sight they might be gone forever. Below is our current situation (The theft of my mom's jewelry upon arrival). Emails and calls to aeromexico and its customer service department revealed that although many of their customers travel with expensive belongings and valuables, the company asserts that they aren't liable for any of it regardless of whether their employees mistakenly forgot to secure baggage... ‪‪#‎aeromexico‬ ‪#‎gdlairport‬ ‪#‎andresconesalabastidaceo‬ ‪

"I am writing to express my concern about your organization's operating procedures and officially file a claim for valuable possessions that were stolen from me at the guadalajara international airport aeromexico flight baggage claim on july 23rd or 24th in transit from lax international airport to gdl international airport. On thursday july 23 I flew on flight 785 from lax heading to guadalajara which departed gate 23 at lax around 11:33pm. At the ticket counter where my boarding pass was printed the customer service representative failed to secure my luggage with zip ties as I later found out another agent had done for my daughter's luggage who was also traveling on the same flight. My husband and I both traveled with carry ons and on the ramp to board the plane an employee of aeromexico offered to put our carry ons in the cargo hold.in my carryon there were a number of items including jewelry items. These carry ons were tagged with a red label (Which labeled them as"late baggage checkin"or last minute carry ons placed into the cargo hold) and they were not zip tied. The employee who took the carry ons failed to mention aeromexico at lax would not be liable for our luggage and specifically our jewelry as it was being placed in the cargo hold. After going through customs we picked up our baggage at the carousel however my carry on which held my valuables was not on the carousel it was lined up with several other red tagged non zip tied carry ons a few feet away from the baggage carousel. I believe that it was placed there after someone had removed my valuables (After looking through it). One of the watches I was carrying was in a ziplock bag which was torn open. The valuables were ripped out of the bags they had been in, in a hurry. I am requesting not only a careful review of any surveillance systems on the reported day and time but also compensation for my stolen property. I am very disappointed that this type of occurrence would happen with such a trustworthy company that we have given our business to for many years."

Aeromexico Logo Aeromexico