A&E Factory Service / workmanship and customer service!

Flower Mound, TX, United States Review updated:
3.75
We purchased a Maytag washer from Sears on January 1st 2008. We used it for maybe 3 loads and the knob broke. We called Sears to find out what to do. We were told that we could either bring back the washer or have a repair that would be under the Maytag warranty. What a mistake, we should have returned the washer and would have saved ourselves a lot of aggravation. A&E came on a requested Saturday appointment which their time frame to show up on Saturday is 8-5. The repairman didn't have the part and ordered it and we made the follow up appointment for the next Saturday. The repairman showed up and stated that "I have never changed on of these before" should have been a red flag to me. He installed the new part that had been delivered to my home and left. The knob broke again he had to come back, no part in hand, and reordered etc etc. They have been here 5 times. The last part that had came had a neighboring city on it for our address so when they reordered the part we made sure that this was corrected. The part never showed and I called customer service. I spoke with a supervisor named Joyce and she acted like she was doing me a favor by re ordering the part and I had some nerve to ask that it be overnighted so that my Saturday appointment could be kept. She actually had the nerve to ask me if I had check the address in the other city to see if it was there after all it is MY washer. I called Maytag and filed a complaint and they stated that they had other repair people that do their warranty work in my area which is not what Sears nor A&E stated to me. Both said that A&E was the only company doing warranty work on behalf of Maytag. I, like the other people on this site, will never have A&E in my home again unless I really feel the need to be treated like dirt by a so called "customer service" representative. Please beware they do not know what they are doing nor how to handle customers.

Comments

Ke
  2nd of Aug, 2008
I agreed that A&E is a scam company. They've rescheduled a repair appointment twice already. The service contract is a waste of money. My washer is a Maytag front loader. It had stopped operating. No error codes, just a stuck noise when it is turned on. It's the same stories when you search online. For my story, the "repairman" called and said that he locked himself out of his van. This is at 5:30 and after I had called to check on why there has not been anyone coming to fix my washer. They've made me wasted 2 days of work.
Aa
  3rd of Jun, 2016
My wife called for an appointment on Wednesday morning of this week and was told that the earliest available spot was on Friday "between 8 and 5", which seemed like a ridiculously large window of time to wait. I took the day off of work to meet the repairman at the house, and called at 8:05 in the morning to see where I was at in the queue for the day. I was told that I was number 7 of 9 appointments for the day for the repair man. I raised a concern to the nice lady on the phone that 9 appointments seemed like a lot, and in fact, 7 appointments for a tech seemed like a lot, but she reassured me that they would get to me today, although not until later in the day. The math still didn't add up, which should have been a red flag, but I continued anyways. I asked her when she thought I should expect the repairman, and she said probably between 3:00 and 5:00, but continued to assure me that this would not be an issue.

Shortly after 3:00 in the afternoon, I got a call from A&E, which I'd assumed was the tech calling to tell me that he was on his way. Instead, it was someone from central reservations telling me that they needed to reschedule my appointment, and that they would be here "Tomorrow between 8:00 and 5:00".

I went onto the web, and found another appliance shop that was able to come right out to the house this afternoon, despite the fact that I was calling them after 3:00. So I called to cancel the appointment.
Co
  3rd of Jun, 2016

A&E Factory Service - Customer Service
A&E Factory Service
Kansas

Why is it that people seem to do research on a company after they get screwed. I wish I'd have taken the time to do my homework.

I have a Maytag Microwave that had a broken handle we looked at for two months. It seemed like an easy fix with the right parts and I finally got around to the task. Maytag advised that they don't sell parts and could only refer a contractor for a service trip. The customer service agent (CSA) said that the contractor could sell me the part and that they didn't know what the contractor charged for a service trip. An appoitmment was scheduled and I was told three times that the contractor would contact me before they came to the house to discuss parts and pricing.

The contactor, A&E Factory Servcice, hadn't called or showed up so I went out for the afternoon while my mom stayed with my kids at home. Apparently, a service tech called the house and said they were coming out. The tech came inside and put one screw in the microwave before asking my mom for $140. She didn't know what to do, so she paid with her credit card.

I contacted A&E who stated that Maytag should have told me of the service charge (by contract) when I scheduled the appointment. Of course, they never did. Maytag told me that they aren't aware of what their contractors charge and that it is their policy not to inform the customer, because they have so many contractors with varying rates. They also said that their contract with A&E specifically states that they are to advise the customer of the service fee when they call to tell the customer their on the way and again before they come into the house. This never happened, either.

Why didn't A&E contact me? Why didn't they ever dicuss the service fee? Why is the service fee so outrageous?

I have spent no less that four hours on the phone with CSA'S and Managers with both companies, however, they blame each other and neither party wishes to address the other. They both played, "Who's on first" with me too. I explained to Maytag that A&E is dependent upon service referals given to them and that they have leverage on the company to do the right thing. A manager with Maytag agreed and finally said she would take on the problem and would be contacting A&E to get me a reimbursement.

I definitly don't trust A&E and I'm not holding my breath with Maytag, either. If Maytag doesn't come through on this, I will never buy another GE/Maytag/Whirlpool product again!!!

A&E Factory Service Logo A&E Factory Service