A&E Factory Service / fraudulent charges
We called A&E to repair our refrigerator since they were listed on the Whirlpool website. We were told when we scheduled the appointment that there would be a diagnosis charge of $65.00. When the repairman arrived, we had the refrigerator pulled out and my husband had the back off of it. The repairman made his diagnosis of a broken relay switch within five minutes. He told us what the problem was and then started to go out to the truck to get the part. At that point my husband asked him what the charge would be and the repairman replied that he 'didn't know'. He came back in and then for a total of 10 minutes worth of labor, he charged us $133.00. He did not even put the refrigerator back panel on the unit. We disputed the high charge and he said he had no control over the price. Why though, couldn't he have told us what the price was? Do they really get $798.00 an hour for labor? If they do charge $133.00 an hour for labor, why don't they tell you before they do the work and why isn't the amount pro-rated for the time that they actually spent?
When you try to complain, it is like pulling teeth to get a phone number from the call center. They refuse to give you the information for the local office.
Do Not call this company for repairs!
More A&E Factory Service Complaints & Reviews
- A&E Factory Service - horrible service! 
- A & E Appliance Repair - a & e sucks 
- A&e Factory Service / Warranty Repair Maytag - deceptive business practices! 
- A & E Factory Service - I would never have these people out again! 
- A & E Factory Service - scheduleing nightmare!!! 
- A&E Factory Service - lg refrigerator
- A&E Factory Service - dryer 
- A&E Factory Service - service tech, asking for money to repair an item already covered by the warranty 
- A&E Factory Service - 2 days off of work and no show
- A&E Factory Service - repair of frigidaire stack laundry system