Advanced Wellness Research / Teeth whitening

Advanced Wellness Research
Advanced Wellness research (Teeth Whitening) is a SCAM. I ordered and have been charged 69.99 for something I didn't click on to order. After I read the agreement on how they were going to charge I clicked off the screen. But I guess they already had my information and I received a box in the mail. NOTHING in the box stated I had 30 days to cancel, so it sat and then I received another box in the mail. When I opened my credit card statement I had been charged $54.98. I immediately called to cancel and they did credit my account. But then I received another credit statement and saw they charged my the 69.99 for the 1st box. THIS IS A SCAM. DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY. I offerd to return the unopened boxes and they don't want them, JUST YOUR MONEY.

N  23rd of Apr, 2009 by
Advanced Wellness Research tooth whitening is a complete scam. Buried in their website is something called a negative option. When you send the 6.99 shipping and handling fee you have 14 days including weekends to cancel. They will not send the introductory product during this time period. After 14 days they will bill your credit card for 85.23 and far they have not even sent me anything. You are always told to call a number where someone in India/Sri Lanka answers and tells you they are not authorized to refund anything. When you go on their website and enter the contact box whomever responds tells you to call the number that connects to the Indian call center. They never respond to any request for the refund. Google the Florida Attorney General and file a consumer fraud complaint. Its the only possible way to stop these con artists. ron
A  2nd of May, 2009 by
I did the same as all of the other complainants! Yes, I read the pages, top to bottom. No, it didn't state that this was only a 14 day free trial. At no time was I made aware that this company would send future shipments...which have gone up to $85 dollars!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! I have emailed CNN with my story...if you all do the same maybe we can stop these thieves from stealing from anyone else. Class action lawsuit, anybody????
A  11th of Jul, 2009 by
To Whom It Should Concern, But Now I Think Better (otherwise known as Advanced Wellness)

Like screaming “how do I get off this merry-go-round, ” I was fooled by the fine print. I should have known better! This company’s protocol for cancellation is a clear pattern of the unethical and unscrupulous, and I should have known better.

After receiving my trail packet, I realized I could not stay consistent with this procedure of teeth whitening. I thought that was it, tried it and can’t do it right now. But then I received another shipment and the charge to my visa, for which I immediately called to cancel my account. I was told it was cancelled and given a cancellation number. The following month, I was sent another shipment and charged again. I called the 1-888 number, spoke with another person saying his name was Mike Thomas, who rather than be helpful tried to circumvent my desires to cancel. Finally, after saying that he had no record of the 1st call last month, no record of a cancellation number given to me and that my account was still active, he relented in giving me another cancellation number.

This one on the phone told me in no way would I get a refund for sending the unopened packages back to this company. Well, I have spoken to Visa and will let the Better Business Bureau and other legal entities pursue this on my behalf.

The only thing you are “advanced” on, rather than wellness, is nothing more than deception. Others will hear about my experience!

Advanced Wellness Research Logo Advanced Wellness Research