Advanced Wellness Research Inc / Over charged and Rude Service

1 Miami Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-523-0188

I was so furious wheni learned that not only had they debit my account $4.99 but then proceed to charge my account another $78.81..get this one, READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS...that explains it..WHY ARE COMPANY LIKE THIS ALLOWED TO STILL BE IN BUSINESS..the econmy is bad enough without their help..geez. well. not only they i told the idiotic rep. that i was going to file a complaint about this. I DID. I immediately contacted the BBB and FTC and filed a complaint. Companies like this feed on people's desperate willingness to shed a few pound to take advantage of us..instead we end up gaining more weight due to the stress they brought on us..forget about not ordering the PURE ACAI BERRY PRO..just DON'T order any of their products!

La

Comments

• Le
      29th of Nov, 2008

Samething happened to me, but unfortunately I didn't recieve any terms or an agreement? An envelope with a bottle of pills with a label obviously stuck to by them!! God only knows what them pills actually were. Send the pills back and recieve your money back...RIGHT!!! I'll be cotacting all the necessary people to! A valuable lesson learn't

• Pa
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I cannot get thru to this bogus company. I cannot get the right info to send back this product.. I do not want it and have been 78.81. I do not know how the y are still in business. How can you get thru to these people? I am almost willing to eat the 78.81 if I can only get rid of them.

• Re
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Have any of you got your money back? I am being told that they will not refund any money whatsoever. Any suggetions?
    Thanks,
    Rebecca

• Mi
      3rd of Dec, 2008

After calling today to cancel the order I also got the message" The voice mail box is full". I knew this was probably trouble so I typed in the name of this copany in google Advanced Wellness Research Inc.

I am finally learning my lesson RESEARCH EVERYTHING NOW BEFORE YOU BUY FROM A COMPANY ONLINE!!!

I will send a certified letter to the company to cancel this order TODAY!!! I will also put a stop payment on my credit card.

And report them to BBB!!!

BUYER BEWARE WITH ONLINE PURCHASES!!!

Thanks,

Michele

• Il
      4th of Dec, 2008

I have not been able to get thru to them as yet, phone is always busy and I have asked the Credit Card Co. I used to help me with getting a refund and canceling the order. I am not as angry as you all are, but certainly be just as mad if nothing comes from this. I have send they're customer service a cancelation notice as well and am now waiting for the results. The price is too high for something that does not work. Thank you all for the HEADS UP.

• To
      4th of Dec, 2008

I totally agree...this is one bogus company...I am as frustrated as the next person who has attempted to call and cancel their product. You will either get a busy signal or put on hold until eternity...

And, yes they tell you 14 days...for the trial... but fail to tell you it starts immediately before you ever had the product in your home to try...usually 5-7 days later...when it arrives and you think you have 14 days...forget it...

This and any other company should be put out of business...I also put a stop payment on any future attempts to withdrawn funds from my account...

Shame on this and any other company who operates such scandals...and the BBB should immediately put them out of commission...buyer beware...DO NOT FALL for this bunch of BULL...

Tom

• Je
      4th of Dec, 2008

My credit card got charged the 4.99 two times and the 78.81 two times. I immediately canceled my debit card the next day when I realized what had happened. The phone number for this company is bogus and does not work. Lesson learned !!!

• Sh
      8th of Dec, 2008

Hi All,

I posted a complaint based on my experience; but the CEO responded to me immediately. The website and call center was having a technical difficulty, though no excuse he was sincerely apologetic and has refunded the fees and did so immediately. This was truly just one of those IT glitches and he is sincerely apologetic. Please go here to cancel and or obtain the information you need to get things straightened out.

I would delete my complaint or amend it but I can't figure out how. So I am posting a new one. Not to complain, but to say that this Company is not a scam. Other companies out there are scamming, but Advanced Wellness Research Inc. is not one of them.

Advanced Wellness Research Inc. has made good on the promise to me and anyone I have forwarded them to.

CEO Nick Molina

nick@advancedwellnessresearch.com

• St
      18th of Dec, 2008

This company does not legally do anything wrong. Although their tactics may bring up ethical questions, sadly, they do everything in a legal manner. When you order your "free trial" and you check that little box that says "I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions" you are agreeing to terms and conditions that you may not have been lead to believe would happen. It clearly states in their terms & conditions that if you do not respond about your free trial within 14 days you will be charged and sent a full order. So, unfortunately, if you did order this free trial and did not respond to the company saying you disliked the product, the company is complying with their own terms & conditions by sending you a full order. Some people have had luck (not with this company but similar situations) getting a refund of some kind. However, the company is not under any obligation to respond with any kind of refund at all.

• Co
      27th of Jan, 2009

1. You must do your research and always be prepared. These companies skew the odds in their favor
    2. If you want the "free" trial. Order it up, you'll pay $4.99
    3. AS SOON AS IT ARRIVES, take out your 14-day supply, close the bottle, and call the company at 1-866-964-1011 to make a return. You'll have to get an RMA number. That is Return Merchandise Authorization.
    4. Write number on bottle.
    5. Return it.
    6. Go buy product elsewhere

• Tr
      27th of Jan, 2009

Horrible company! I was duped as well! $78 dollars way too high for product, then when you call about return, they offer to extend the free trial for an extra $20!!! If you say no, they cancel any future orders and give you a $20 refund, but you are still out $58 plus for a product that does NOT WORK!! I will be emailing ALL of my contacts to warn them to NOT ORDER this product... I may not be able to get my $$ back, but maybe if we all let our friends know, they won't be swindled! Companies like this should NOT be in business! I will definately do my research next time before placing any orders!

29th of Jan, 2009

This company sucks, , , , I can't believe people like Oparh and Dr. Oz support this product. I only wanted to try the free trial product little did I know I would be charged $78.81 for a product I have yet received. When I called to cancel you get some one who does not speak english very well and is very hard to understand, plus I could hear others in the back ground calling and complaining also, nice...Before she would cancel the order she tried several times to get me to stay with it for a lower price, after several times saying NO... I don't want the product she said she could credit my bill for $50.00. Only after I asked many times if my account would be credited the $78.81. What a scam, , maybe for people like Oparh they can throw away money on stuff like this but some of us need our hard earned money...They should be ashamed of themselves...

30th of Jan, 2009

I just discovered that my Vias had been charged $78.81 for a product that I did not order. I called the company and was told that it was in the terms of the free sample I received and there was no recourse for me. I told the supervisor that I would be filing a complaint and questioned about other complaints. He told me that I was the only complaint that they had received!! I consider myself to be a savvy consumer and believe that without a doubt, this company is totally unethical and I am going to try every remendy available to me to have this charge removed from my Visa. It is a hoax!!

• He
      31st of Jan, 2009

I was really upset when I read all the complains. I want to thank all of you for warning me about this company. I have already called and got a return merchandise number and first thing Monday morning I am making a trip to the post office and returning this product before they charge the $78. that I did not know about.

I don't know why the government lets companies rip people off like this. It is shameful!!

Helen

• Da
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I'm also am one up-set customer. I was charged $80.38 on my chargecard. I can't believe no state attorney can touch them for their dishonesty. Lucky for me I went to my bank after receiving my monthly statement and was advised to get a new card; otherwise, I'd have been charged another $80.83. Lucky for my sister I called her to tell her of my woes, and she said she just signed up for it. Needless to say she called her credit card company immediately.

• Pe
      13th of Mar, 2009

I ordered on the assumption I would receive it within about 5 days since it says it ships within 24 hours. I called them on day 13 and said I hadn't received it yet and wanted to know if they ever even sent it. They said it would be there in 2 or 3 days. The day I received it I called to cancel because I was on day 15 from date of order. I told them I just received it and to cancel my subscription. They said they already charged me but that they would cancel and refund my money. They had charged me $78.81 and only refunded me $70.00. I am mad about the $8.81 and will be calling them and reporting them if I don't get any results. When I called today they said they were having technical difficulties and for me to call back in about 2 hours. This truly is a scam. If it's such a good product as they claim why wouldn't they let you try it for the full 14 days.

• Aw
      1st of May, 2009

I canceled this order within 5 minutes of it being placed. They said it could not be canceled because it already went to shipping. I canceled the credit card I used to insure there would be no charges. The charges came through on my new credit card that WAS not used. I returned to sender the package unopened and am disputing the current charges and any future ones. This company should be put out of business.