Advance Auto Parts / fraud

United States Review updated:
Advance Auto Parts would not honor the warranty on an a/c compressor I bought. The clutch came completely off and was lost as I was driving. Their receipts are intentionally printed with disappearing ink which should be irrelevant since a record of the warranty was seemingly entered into their computer when I bought it. I got the big runaround when I tried to make a claim. They asked me about 10 stupid questions which deserved and got no answer before the expected denial of the claim. If they are going to ask their employees to lie and cheat for them they ought to do a better job training them to lie or hire some born liars like themselves to work there. They dont deserve your business. David.

D  27th of May, 2009 by
you sound like a professional anyways, i dont blame them. take it somewhere next time and you wont have that problem...
N  30th of Dec, 2010 by
A/C systems sold by most auto part stores have to be sold with other A/C components or the parts will not warrantied.
Most stores use the "disappearing ink" receipts. Here is a thought... I think you own a computer so you might have a scanner... scan info in to the computer, back it up and if you need it print it out.

Advance Auto Parts / E-Advance Logo Advance Auto Parts / E-Advance