ACDelco / Lack of product and service quality

Hi, my name is Krysten Sofka and I have a complaint with AC Delco replacement parts. In May of 2006 the air conditioning in my 1997 Olds. Aurora went out. I took it to a local mechanic and they had to replace my air conditioning compressor. Less than three months later my air started to go out but due to being away for school I was unable to take it back in until this Spring. When I took it back to the same shop (where they have been extremely helpful during all of this), they discovered that the air conditioning compressor that they replaced less than one year ago had a leaking shaft seal. Luckily the part was under warranty but the labor was not. This upset me because it was a $300 labor fee for something that should NOT have to had been replaced. I sent AC Delco the following e-mail:

Hello, my name is Krysten Sofka and I own a 1997 Olds. Aurora. Last spring I had to replace the Air Conditioner Compressor and by the end of the fall it was broken. Fortunately it was still under warranty so I don't have to pay for a new one but I do have to pay for labor. I am NOT happy about this, I am a college student and money is not in an endless supply. The part that YOU made was faulty and now I am bearing the brunt of your lack of quality. I am fully aware that life is not fair but I believe that my bill is a direct result of your lack of quality and that I should not have to pay for you lack of standards. I realize that it is probably pointless for me to ask that you pay for the larbor to replace YOUR faulty part, but it would be the least you could do to try and salvage the image that your company has created for me.

Although I have already written to you and received no response hope to hear from you soon and if I don't, you will surely be hearing from me again-Krysten Sofka

They replied after only two e-mails and gave me a 1-800 number to call, which I did. I then talked to a customer service representative. The service rep. was not only completely unhelpful, repeating the same thing over and over again, but was also quite rude. I believe that they should stand behind their product, bite the bullet and pay for the labor fee that their product created. I cannot convey how livid I am thru an e-mail; their part was substandard, they were not prompt about returning my e-mails and their customer service representative was unfriendly. They have utterly shattered what little respect I had for them. This issue is not over by a long shot and I will not rest until they reimburse me.

Krysten Sofka

Comments

Co
  23rd of Apr, 2009

Yea, I don't know how they can get away with not honoring warranties!! Ahhh - Why's our economy going to ### again? Attny Gen. Here we come!!!

So
  2nd of Jul, 2016

Hi
I bought ac Delco battery in UAE last year september 2015 and found it dead with in 9 months i went to Ac Delco service center in sharjah with hope of having some warranty support but it was bad experience they have very poor service I belive product like this need to take of their warranty as they are not supporting. i will suggest others when ever you are buying this battery becareful dont get trap in warranty replacement.