Acaiberry All Natural Cleansing Formula / Acai Berry charge SCAM

United States Review updated:
I ordered Acai Berry and Total Cleanse on Oct. 7, 2008. I received (have the UPS tracking #) where it shows the item was delivered to me on October 17, 2008. I was BILLED for additional amount of $88.and some change just a few days later. I did not even get to try the "15 day trial" which is NOT what is shown on the original web link for the $5.95 trial period sign up link. I am VERY disappointed in the marketing perspective of this product as I see it as a TOTAL scam to all that purchase unknowingly. EVEN the packaging slip I received did not detail the "terms and conditions". I have tried to call the [protected] number for 3 business days now and can not get to ANYONE. I will call just before the 9EST and it says working hours are 9-5 M-F EST time. I call between those times and get either NO dial tone or the "call back between business hours" recording. The product may be effective, but to start off with this experience as a "trial phase" is not GOOD marketing sense. Shame on any public figure who allows this company to use their name to market it...SHAME ON YOU!

More Acaiberry All Natural Cleansing Formula Complaints & Reviews

Comments

An
  10th of Nov, 2008
I experienced the same problem as concerned Texan. The ACAI advertisement is false. The advertisement said that I would be given a 30-day trial of the product for $5.95. After just two weeks, my account was charged $88.62. For three days I have been attempting to get through to their 866-938-4832, toll-free number. I have not been successful in doing so. I called my credit card company to dispute the charge, and they gave me the phone number that they have on file as, 888-582-8080. I have attempted to call that number to cancel any future orders, and I have not been successful in getting through to that number either. I will now have to go the route of disputing this charge on my account, which will take weeks. I am very angry that a company would dupe it customers in such a way. The other disappointment is that the colon cleanser did not work with me, and I cannot tell if the toxins are being cleared from my body. I have not felt any effects to date.
Be
  10th of Nov, 2008
I am experiencing the same problem as you as well. They overdrew my account with their tactics. I only keep what is needed in that account and that was not accounted for. I was not impressed with the product.

I have now contacted them and they refuse to refund me the charge. the free trial period is a SCAM!!! Read the fine print thoroughly before ordering.
Za
  10th of Nov, 2008
I have some experiece as other comlaint.I think this is scam and they phone 1866*938-4832 isnot in service.
St
  10th of Nov, 2008
I have the same problem! What do I do?!! Has anyone found out how to cancel??!!! Please help. I can't afford to have them drawing $88 out of my account!!! Does anyone know their web site?
Za
  10th of Nov, 2008
Just go ahed and cancel your card and get new, thats all you can do to stop payment.
Ca
  12th of Nov, 2008
REPORT THEM TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BEURO!!! THEY ARE FRAUDULANT AND CANCLE YOUR CARD. THEY WILL SELL YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHER COMPANIES!!!
Rl
  12th of Nov, 2008
Yes it is a scam. Here is an email that I received from an acai website that I've used for almost a year with no problems. They do not offer free trials, but you know up front what you are paying with no unathorized charges. This is the acai that was supplied to the Oprah show. It has the story of how this came to be right on the website. Read it for yourself and learn about their products at www.amazonthunder.com/members/evenbetter . You will need to type or cut and paste this address into your browser. Here's the letter they sent me to warn me of all the scams about acai:

This letter is to inform you of a little scam going online at
the moment. When people type in keywords like "acai" or "acai
berry" or any acai related terms in any of the major search engines,
under the sponsorded listings a site will appear to be offering
free acai as long as you pay shipping and handling and they use
many different domains and when clicked on they all resolve eventually
to either the domain name secureeasypay.com or secure9.com. What
happens is the person is offered a free garbage bottle of placebo
spray dried acai as long as they pay shipping and handling, this
is made of 75% dried corn starch, they are then shipped the product
with it arriving on about the 13th day with a letter saying if
they want to cancel rebilling or autoship that they have to send
in a letter to stop it within 14 days of ordering, well it is
virtually impossible to do this in time and then they bill the
people $89.00!

This company is called secureeasypay.com or secure9.com and many
of the domains they operate they have done a privacy block on
them. They are actually operating out of Romania with call centers
in UTAH and Iowa we found out by further investigation and not
only do they scam with acai products they do it for a whole series
of products as well like colon cleansers etc, simply google them
for information! Some of the scam sites that we know that they
are opertating with right now are as follows:

pureacaiberries.com
performanceproductsusa.com
ephedremin.com
acaicleansing.com
Wu-Yi-Source.com

they appear to have many many many more also but all of the sites
are cookie cut you will know when you see it so you can warn
others.

Pass this word around to your friends and family. Lets all work
together to eliminate these scammers. Tell people to file complaints
with the internet crime center at http://www.ic3.gov on secureeasypay.com
so that the FTC can shut them down. You can also file a complaint
with the FTC at http://www.ftc.gov
Su
  12th of Nov, 2008
I Just called my bank and they are disputing the charge and taking it off
Be
  13th of Nov, 2008
I am having the same problem. I am currently working with my bank to get the charges removed. I haven't even had this stuff for a week and there is already an $88 charge.
Je
  13th of Nov, 2008
I am having the same problem and I am so angry. Does anyone have a phone number for the company or an email address?
  15th of Nov, 2008
i am haveing the sam problem to i ordered the sam thing acai berry all natural cleansing and total cleansing . well i sall this girls web s it sid emilys diet and sid to ordere acai and total well i lift a lot of email and no comments bake i am vere mad cuz they toke the mony out and i still havent got them yeat well i do fill like this was a ripoff and i tryd calling them overe and overe now and i cant talk to no one pleas hilp me out and till me wut i chud do so they dont take out no more mony out
  15th of Nov, 2008
how do we stop them wen they have no good number to them or no emil address . and i think total cleansing is a scam to cuz i trid call 1 866 320 0038 AND FOR ACAI BERRY 1866 9384832 PLEAS HILP ME SO NO MORE MONY COMS OUT PLEAS HILP
Ba
  15th of Nov, 2008
I am having the same problem, when you try to call the customer service number the call will stay for 7 seconds then will automatically disconnect. I called my bank and was advised to cancel my card.
Ba
  15th of Nov, 2008
I talked to a friend and was advised they are only open during week days so if you call the customer service number it will disconnect. I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate due to other posts show that they tried to get in touch with this company for 3days. It appears the only way to get your money back is disputing with your bank because apparently they won't be crediting anybody back. They need to be reported to the BBB.
  17th of Nov, 2008
im still calling them and i still cant git a hold of any one . its tilling me to try bake later . well i do every time and its still the sam thing sam with the calin cleansing well if any one can pleas till me wut to do pleas
Co
  18th of Nov, 2008
The number that I called and got through to them on was1- 888-771-7028 I called them today around 9am EST and was able to get through to them and get the money credited back to my account. I really hope this works for you
Sh
  18th of Nov, 2008
I think you guys should report it to the police department where the company is incorporated.
Is
  19th of Nov, 2008
Hi! I singed up for the free sample and now im being charged and sent the pills everymonth. I dont want it! I want to cancel and if possible get a recheck from the pills I did not order myself. I want to know how to do this. thanks
  19th of Nov, 2008
hi courtney i calld that number and thats for a difrnt acai berry . we are talking about acai berry all natural cleansing formula .
Ap
  21st of Nov, 2008
if you are having problems try calling 1-888-771-7028 i called that # today for the same problem and the woman on the phone gave me a cancellation # for my account and also said that once I recieve the package if i return it and call that # with my return tracking # that they will credit my account for the $89.31 charge that should have never been on there in 10-14 business days. not a great deal but its a way to at least get your money back!!