Acai Berry Supplement / constant account charging

1 KS, United States Review updated:

I have been dealing with my bank for a week about this company. Currently there is a claim pending while my bank investigates this company. I ordered a free 30-day trial supply of this supplement with only cost being S & H ($5.95). Well, read the fine print. I also enrolled myself for online support, etc. while company is charging me upwards of $200.00 as of right now. Beware because you will get billings from other companies for your "support". www.fit-fac.com and bodydetoxonline. I tried using 800 numbers (bogus numbers) and tried online canceling only to find out that the links are all dead!

Li

Comments

• Do
      16th of Sep, 2008

I ordered a sample and agreed to pay 3.95 shipping for the sample. I got my sample (which doesn't work) then I noticed a charge at my bank for 79.76 which I did not authorize and to top it off I got nothing for the 79.76. Tried calling could not get anybody after waiting for almost an hour on hold. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. This is what's on my bank statement 09/13/08 -79.76 Debit Card W/D
    REPERFORMANCELIFE 888-2898740 CO

Bau Shore
    New York
    Phone: 631-665-8069
    Salonn@aol.cm

I have no idea what this product is that i was charged for please contact me asap get get through on the phone I am not happy right now so you need to get in touch we me with me right away. Roseann Voulo 631-665-8069

• La
      28th of Nov, 2008
    Acai Berry supplement - unauthorized credit card charge
    1048 Cherry Court
    Manteca
    California
    Phone: 209-823-3867
    fac.com

I ordered a free sample of the acai berry product for $3.95.
    I did not authorize any other order, such as the one on my credit card for $29.95.
    I want an immediate refund.

• Bu
      29th of Nov, 2008
    Acai Berry supplement - ask for $3.95 shipping only
    unkown
    Colorado

ordered supplement on internet for $ 3.95 shipping only and was charged $ 29.95 + $ 3.95
    from www.fit-fac.com This product appered on Oprha.

• De
      12th of Dec, 2008

I ordered a bottle or acai berry supplement it said on the site $free trial for $ 5.95 only. It never said any where in 10 days i would be charge $78.83 and then2 weeks later i received more pills and charged my acct with another $ 83.00. the rep on the phone said it was in the terms ( i never saw any) and no where did it say it was automatic every month either. SOO I filed a complaint with the Attorney general in my state (NY) and then called my bank and they canceled my card. if its credit they can put a stop on the acct from a particular person or Company from deducting any more money, if its Debit from your checking they will close the acct or cancel the debit card which is where im headed for now. good luck and everyone should should be filing complaints so these people dont keep scamming you.

• Tr
      19th of Dec, 2008
    Acai Berry supplement - unothorized charges
    Elizabeth
    New Jersey

im another one in the list... i ordered the FREE trial acail berry supplement and somehow MYEZTRIM took out $89.31 from my account without my authourizasion... i have a 2month old baby and i need my money back to buy diaper and formula for her... i calld the # 1877-350-8480 and this number is disconnected... if anybody got their money back, please lemme kno how... i appreciated...

• Tr
      19th of Dec, 2008

the same thing happened to me, but they gave me the money back... u can get the number from teir site

• Be
      24th of Dec, 2008

ordered free sample for 5.95 and charged 29.95 never received product.

• Lm
      6th of Jan, 2009

I had a similar experience however, I was able to get a refund of the $29.95 charged by Fit-Fac. Just be persistent. The only thing I can't figure out how to get back is the S/H + the 15% restocking fee ... the total of which was over $16 for something I immediately returned! It's definitely a scam!

• La
      20th of Jan, 2009
    Acai Berry Supplement - fraud charge to my credit card
    Fit Fac
    Ohio
    fac.com

I was just charged $29.95 for something at a website that I never visited and therefore never puchased anything from . I did, however, request a "free sample" of the Acai berry supplement that was advertised on Oprah and authorized the shipping charges of $3.95. No where in the disclaimer did it mention an additional charge of $29.95 for this "free" offer. I would like this charge refunded immediately to my creidt card and plan to follow up with my bank and have this listed as a fraudulent charge and may contact the appropriate authorites. I am also going to email the "Oprah" website so they are aware of this website and how they are ripping people off.

21st of Jan, 2009

Total scam... I ordered the free trail acai berry also and soon found a 29.95 charge on my debit card.
    I called and demanded a refund. I was given the runaround, but persisted and they agreed to return my money and cancel the service. This kind of thing is unethical and should be stopped at once! If you too fell victim to this scam... do something about it. write, blog or speak up.

I am sure that Oprah, who endorsed this should be aware of this scam.

24th of Jan, 2009

Im being charged 29.95 And I cancelled this months ago. Stop charging my card an I want my money back.

• St
      18th of Feb, 2009

A few people on this website think they are dealing with the Company that they got their product from. This is just a Complaint Forum.

As long as you keep that card open, you will see more unauthorized charges. Deal with your credit card Company and send the product back to whatever address is on there.

Get a hold of the Federal Trade Commission online and file a complaint. They have a form online you can submit.

Also with the Attorney Generals Office. They have a form as well online. Do it in the State that you got your product from.

Try /link removed/ you might have a better chance getting your money back with them. They also have a search box on the top right hand corner, if you put acai berry in the search box, you will see alot of others that have had the same problem.

Sometimes your personal information is sold to other Telemarketers and that's how most people end up with other unauthorized charges.

ic3.gov deals with criminal investigations such as these..

• St
      18th of Feb, 2009

This is some information I did find on this website, it's only part of it:

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

• De
      19th of Feb, 2009
    Acai Berry Supplement - Free acai berry supplement is not FREE!
    Advanced Wellness Research

I ordered the free trial of the product. Decided I did not want the product and called within the 14 days to cancel. I offered to mail the product back as it was unopened. They did not want me to do that. Offered it to me for $8.81. I agreed as long as that was all I would be charged for the product. Of course today I was charged the full price for the product. I called them back and they told me I had never called them. They said they could not credit me and that I should have read the terms and agreement. So they basically called me liar and I am stuck with the product. They told me that the order is now canceled but how am I supposed to trust that. This is quite a scam.
    DON"T ORDER THE FREE TRIAL . IT WILL COST YOU OVER 80 DOLLARS.

• Th
      25th of Feb, 2009
    Acai Berry supplement - Acai Berry Supplement
    Arizona

I ordered ONLY a free sample 30-Day supply that I was supposed to only get charged for Shipping. I was Charged $4.95 to my credit Card.Date 02/02/2009. I was charged $79.96 on 2/19/2009. for a "subscription". I honestly did not authorize, nor sign-up for any subscription. I would like any help you can give me.

Thomas g Peterman

20100 S. Vermont Ave
    Torrance
    California
    Phone: 1-800-983-7968

I signed up for the 30 day free trial of Acai Berry supplement. I experienced very bad stomach cramping, so I mailed the supplement back on 2/23/09 with a letter notifying them I did not want this product. Today, 2/27/09, I was online checking my credit card and noticed there was a charge on 2/24/09 for $79.96 for another month's order. I called the number listed above just a few minutes ago and the representative would not work with me, and asked if I wanted to speak to her supervisor. I waited on the line for 4 minutes and then was disconnected. I want my name, credit card, and any further orders removed .

Please Advise,

Nampa
    Idaho
    Phone: 866-964-1011
    advancedwellnessresearch.com

I thought I was paying "shipping only" for a free bottle sample of powdered Acai berry from Advanced Wellness Research. I did not see the terms in small print which would have told me that if I didn't contact them within 14 days OF SHIPPING, that I would be charged $78.81 for this small 60 capsule bottle of powdered Acai berry.

I was puzzled when I got a second shipment of the stuff, because I hadn't ordered it. Then my credit card bill showed another charge of $83.80. I called the company, which took forever to answer. But while they said they would refund the second charge, if I sent back the second bottle, they refused to do anything about the first charge.

I feel that the advertising is deceptive and unclear. Plus, some capsules in that first bottle were defective and not even filled with much of the powdered berry.

Buyer, beware!!!

6th of Mar, 2009

I signed up at the website to receive a free trial of the acai Berry supplement.i was charge for the postage and handling and neer received the product.On 2/23 my credit card was charged 79.96 that i did not authorize.How do I get my money back from these people.

• Wl
      6th of Mar, 2009
    Fit Fac.com - fraud charge to my credit card
    Private Consumer
    Victoria
    British Columbia
    Canada
    fitfactory.com

I recently noted 11 charges of 19.95 each on my credit card. I have been on hold forever waiting for a manager. I had a huge run around with no help. I'm scared that no one will help me.