acai berry pro / UNAUTHORIZED WITHDRAWAL

1 Miami Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-300-3766- from visa bill

The Acai Berry pro was shipped from Advanced Wellness Research Inc, 3 17th Ave S, Nampa, ID [protected] but the company name on the bottle says Miami Beach, Florida.

I ordered the "free" trial of this product and the "free" 30 day supply of Colon xR and was ask to only pay shipping. It arrived and I have not used it, but my checking account was debited the shipping charges and an unexpected $78.00 and another $78.00 from the Colon xR (for nothing) and $78.00 from the Acai Berry. I looked online and found this is happening to lots of people and I really feel dumb. I went to the bank and they were able to contact Acai Berry and they said there were a certain number of days to return it and the information was on their website. I went home and searched the website and in my opinion the only way in the world to know it wouldn't be the free product would be to read the "Refund and Exchange Policy" at the bottom of the page. Why would anyone look at a Refund and Exchange Policy unless they had purchased a product and wanted a refund or exchange? I did not purchase a "free product", I paid shipping and had no idea I would have to cover the entire website to see if their were strings attached. If there were stipulations about the free offer it should have been clearly visible in the area that needs to be filled out for the free product. The way this offer was presented in their website seems to me to be fraudulent and/or misleading. When I returned home from the bank the Acai Berry person sent an email that said he will credit my account $20.00, I wrote back and told him I wanted all of my money back and would send the pills back (none were used). I haven't heard anything but did file unauthorized transfers at my bank for all three unauthorized transfers of money from my account and tomorrow I will be contacting the Attorney General of my state and the Attorney General for the state of Florida. I did a little research and found the same person owns both companies and his name is Nicholas Molina and is from Miami, Florida. Next I will contact the better business bureau for both states and the Consumers affairs division for Florida. Oh, and the Attorney General and better business bureau for Nampa, Id. SO FAR that is all I've thought of. I am elderly and this made my banking account overdrawn and I am really mad!

Do

More acai berry pro Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pa
      15th of Jan, 2009

The same thing has happened to me. I have tried to contact this company by phone but the phone number listed on the bottle does not go through. I am hoping that my bank will refund these charges based on a print out of your comments.

Thanks

• Ke
      18th of Jan, 2009

Samething happened to me and the # I called was 1-800-503-9355 and I got through, I had to call 3 time in order to speek to a superviser! I was refused the first call to speek to a supperviser. The customer care rep was yelling at me and telling me I orderd this product, which I had not, I didn't even know what the @&*$ it was and I wont take something I know nothing about! He Keept yelling at me and refusing my request to speek to a Sv, so I hung up and called back. The second call ...Samething, calling me a lier and poor cusomer survice to help with the situation. Theird call... finally got somone who states they see the problem and I was sent this product by mistake and charged by mistake. He is refunding all the money I was charged. I told him I will send the product back. The address I was given to send it back was Idaho address. He was verry helpful. I did call the BBB in regards to this. I will make a call the the SG too. I did call a forth time to make a formal comlaint to the first and second CR. I always get names and Employ ID #s rather its good or bad. This helps. I will never ever recomend anyone to use this company again!!!
    Kelly

• Al
      22nd of Jan, 2009

Thank you for your comments- I just received the Acai Berry and didn't know about the fees I would soon have to pay- I was able to cancel my order- but not before the price was brought down to $18/bottle! If I trusted the company I might have taken them up on it- but I am not taking any chances after reading your comments- thanks again!

• Sn
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I also just received the 14 day trial bottle of Pure Acai Berry Pro from Advanced Wellness Research. The following is an email I sent to them today.

I just received my first bottle of Pure Acai Berry Pro but before taking it I wanted to find out acai berrys' other health benefits other than weight loss. I did a google search for acai berry and what I found were numerous complaints about your company. That's not good! So I immediately went back to the site that I had ordered from to see if anywhere on the trial order form there was info saying that after the 14 day trial period I was going to be charged 78.81 for the bottle and there was not. The only link to that info was at the bottom of the page with your contact information, etc.

Now, I understand the want for clients to use your product. But to not inform people up front by putting a "see terms and conditions" link next to the words "trial bottle" or next to "just pay shipping of $4.99" is sneaky. Also, there was no disclosure in the order confirmation receipt I received via email. If you have the utmost confidence in your product, you would not need to use sneaky tactics. It just made me question the sincerity of the company and the quality of the product.

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep from your company named Shelly who gave me an extra 14 day trial and $60 dollars off per bottle, making my monthly amount $18.81 plus $4.99 if I choose to continue buying with your company. Why can't you just offer that to begin with? That is a totally reasonable price that most people can afford and would gladly pay it if they had that info up front. But to charge $78.81 without any prompt for disclosure is a very bad way to run a business. Reputation is everything.

I was looking forward to promoting your product as I own a hair salon near Seattle. It was a very nice looking website that completely made you feel secure in ordering. But I now know it was a false sense of security. There are a lot of unknowing people out there who will fall for this and for as much as you say your product will benefit them, you completely erase that by making them panic when they realize what they unknowingly signed up for. Don't you get it? You probably pay many more customer service reps than you have to because they are working overtime to troubleshooot the sneakiness!! If you were just up front and honest with full disclosure at the onset, you wouldn't have all the complaints that are out there and people would gladly pay the lower, more reasonable price.

You have no regard for the people out there. Shame on you.

PS. I got an RMA # and will be sending my bottle back as I just got it yesterday 1/22/09 so I won't be charged anything. Why do companies do this?!?

• Pa
      23rd of Jan, 2009

I too responded to an add for the Acai berry pro free trial. I would pay only $3.95 for s/h. To make a long horror story short. I've been billed $89.31 twice for the Acai berry pills. I've been billed $29.95 for an online fitness program that I was not aware that I was signing up for plus an additional $8.51 for signing up to the online fitness program. To complain about the charges for the Acia berry pills I called 1- 888- 771- 7028 . Talked to Norbie. I was told no refund would be given because their policy stated that I should have cancelled my membership within 14days. They did agree to cancel the account. No where in the ad that I responded to did I see such a notice. Of course I was told that it was my responsibility to read the policy. Next I called Fit-fac.com, the company that billed me the $29.95 for the online fitness program. I did get Mark at 866-407-1022 to agree to refund the $29.95 and cancel my membership. I've called my bank and was advised to cancel my current debit card to be sure no more charges can be made to my account. What a hassle. I don't know what else to do to try and recoup my money. What a costly way to learn a lesson that I already knew. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

27th of Jan, 2009

i feel like an idiot because i ordered a free trail but didn't read. i emailed these people right away after reading all these horrible complaints and they responded right away. the guy who emailed me back sent me this mass letter email about acknowledging that i want to cancel but that i would be responsible for the shipping cost when returning. i emailed them again and asked if they could just cancel my order (i had ordered it literally less than an hour ago by the time the sales rep got back to me) but they just sent me the same mass email back. so i guess i'm stuck with the whole agonizing return process. i'm really hoping i don't get screwed and they start charging my card. i'm really mad that i did something so silly like this. my excuse is that i temporarily lost my mind.

• Me
      10th of Feb, 2009

I can't beleive it could happen to me! You read it, people tell you but you would not beleive it can happen to you, don't order anything from this company I now have to pay for shipping to send them back the bottle and lost maybe 78.00 dlls, now a days that is a credit card payment or groceries things are hard and people shouldn't take advantage but it happens never again!

• Su
      18th of Feb, 2009

I also ordered this product and to my dismay they charged me a bunch of fees!!! First they charged me $78.01 and the shipping fee of $4.99. I canceled my subscription due to the fact that the pills made me incredibly sleepy and just all over run down. They said they could refund the money for me and that the money would be in my account in 5-7 days; however, there was no money. 10 days go by and there is still no money. So I called again, now with more charges to my account for a few cents here and there and a couple $4.69 charges and then for a $9.99 membership fee. When I called the second time, the SV rep denied they had taken any money other money out other than the first bottle fee and the shipping and handling fee. They once again had to cancel my order and said they would refund the total amount and that I could keep the bottle I had already opened at no cost. The refund was supposed to be here again within 5-7 days. It is now going on 3 days and still no money. I am currently on the phone with them again because more charges of $.12 and $4.99 were taken out of my account again today. I am tired of this. I am unemployed and my husband is a full time student on limited income, we have two kids, and we just can't afford this!!! I wish there was a law against this type of scam!! Good luck everyone!!

• Mi
      18th of Feb, 2009

Hi All! I just wanted to give my feedback on all of this. I ordered the product as well and, like anyone should do, I read the full terms and conditions like I always do when I give out any of my credit card information. I did order the pure acai berry with this company and I understand how everyone feels BUT I have had no problems with the company. I called withen the 14 days of ordering my product as I was instructed when I read the terms and conditions and I received an email shortly after my cancellation which confirmed my order had been cancelled. The rep I spoke with was very polite and more than happy to help me and didn't hesitate to cancel my order when I asked for it. I admit when I found all these comments I was really afraid that it would be a hassle to cancel so I called a few days after receieving my product( still withen the 14 days) to cancel. Like I said I did receive an email shortly after cancelling and I have not have anything charged besides the $4.99 which I agreed to. I have asked my credit card company to inform me if any charges do come out on my account because it is to my understanding, and I have written proof, that my account was cancelled. I have had no trouble since my cancellation and I dont expect to. My advice for everyone, from personal experience, is to read the terms and conditions, and even call in before ordering if your not sure about anything that is written there. I would never give my billing information without knowing everything for sure. I hope no one else has to learn from this careless mistake because it is very unfortunate that people have to deal with this.

• Je
      19th of Feb, 2009

The moral of the story is: Cover your bases and think before entering your credit card number on an unfamiliar website.

I too was duped, and I consider myself to be a pretty savvy internet shopper. I wanted to lose a few pounds quick, so I gladly signed up to receive a FREE sample. A few bucks for shipping wasn't an issue; that's standard. I was pretty sure I scoured their web page for any hidden scams or small print, and nothing really obvious hit me.

It's sure hitting me now! It's a good thing that I check my bank account online every day or I wouldn't have caught the $78.81 fee they charged me. I called back the distributers of 'Acai Berry Pro' and I guess I sounded so upset that they refunded me $20 worth of what they charged me. Now that I'm reading the previous comments, I still got cheated! It's a good thing that I have a "pending items" portion of my bank statement or I might've gotten stuck with a $78.84 charge from the distributors of the colon cleanse pills that I ordered.

It is absolutely ridiculous that consumers have to constantly be on their toes to make sure they're not taken advantage of by some sneaky salesman.

• Th
      21st of Feb, 2009

People! The first thing I did after seeing the "I agree to Terms and Policies" bullet point, was to actually READ the Terms and Policies!
    It said right there...$78.81 would be charged if not cancelled withing 14 days.
    It's not a buyer beware thing...it's a Consumer Be Informed thing!

• Df
      8th of Mar, 2009

I thought about ordering the pills but wasn't sure as to the 100% safety of the product, so I decided to research on line before committing. HMMM... sounds like the product may be OK, but the company is not. Thanks for the head's up!

9th of Mar, 2009

Unauthorized Withdrawl - Same thing happened to me. This is ridiculous - No body has any right to charge us without our consent. Let's fight together on this.

I request everybody not to use or order this product.

You don't loose any weight & you end up paying $78 for some ###.

Donot even thin of orderin gor clicking their add. Its Fraud!

• Ad
      11th of Mar, 2009
    acai berry pro - Scam company
    AdvanceWellnessResearch
    Nampa, Idaho
    #3-17th Ave South
    Phone: 1.866.964.1011
    advancedwellnessresearch.com

What a scam!! I ordered the FREE product with only $4.95 postage payable. On my credit card account an amount of $39.99 (CAN$51.24) appreared. I have had the run a round both on the telephone and by email with this company for weeks. They have eventually, after being threatened with legal action, agreed to refund me $20!!! Do not fall for this scam, especially if you don't live in the USA!!!

• Ki
      11th of Mar, 2009

Thanks 4 the heads up on this scam. I also wanted 2 order this product.

• Ro
      7th of Apr, 2009
    acai berry pro - fraudulent advertising
    Advanced Wellness Research

This company advertises that you can try a 14 day free trial and unless you read the fine print hidden on their page you do not know that they are going to ship you a 30 day trial and if they don't hear from you within 14 days they will credit the 4.99 and charge you 70.00 plus. They also continue shipping and charging you 80.00 plus a month. When you call to complain they are less than friendly.

• Og
      10th of Apr, 2009

Same story. I did send the bottle back after 4 days but I was still charged because they said they never got it. I sent it back in their supplied SASE. I have been arguing with them for 3 days with no luck. Theres no way to prove I sent it back. I cancelled my card and my bank is not paying them. total scam!

• Bm
      26th of Apr, 2009

I ordered the FREE TRIAL of the product Pure Acai Berry. It arrived here and I took one capsule and found I could not tolerate it. I was billed $78.81 for the capsules and $5.10 for transaction fee . Now I've also been billed on my charge card for $83.80 for something I did not order. I never saw anything about the 14 day trial period nor did I read anything about the charge of $78.81.
    This is not a company to be trusted and I will notify the BBB and anyone else I can think of. Total scam...you bet!!!

• Ni
      27th of Apr, 2009
    acai berry pro - Over Charged
    Advanced Wellness Reasearch/Acai Berry Pro
    Pomona
    California
    advancedwellnessresearch.com

I ordered a bottle of Acai berry pro through the free trial thing… I was charged $83.30 four times!!! I tried emailing and got quick responses saying I was only charged for one and the others were cancelled yet the charges are still on my account. I’ve even called my bank!! Its been a week and I’m still trying to dispute the charges to get my money back!! I have 3 co/workers that recommended these pills and are taking them… one lost 14llbs in 3 weeks with exercise and the others have lost a lot too… I do want to take them but I’m still trying to get my money back! My advice is to make sure you only enter your information ONE TIME… it doesn’t say order confirmed or that they even submitted your order so if you do enter your info then check your bank account later… it’ll save yourself the hassle that I’m going through

• Ro
      27th of May, 2009

I too was scamed and not aware of it till I looked and my bank account later that afternoon. I have tried to call the number provided but it's disconnected. Go figure. I have since spoken to a rep from UPS and they have a privacy clause all she could give me was the name of the company which is TZ Fulfillment out of New Jersey. WHy people can't be honest. I was told you will only pay for shipping and that was going to be $5 but the lady said in the coupon code type "halfship" and you will only pay half which my total them came to be $1.97 i was happy i asked no hidden charges no reaccuring charges. NO there's not. Low and behold when i look at my account I was charged $80.33. Acai Berry Pro staff can kiss my a** !!!