ABT Maruti Ltd, Chennai / dishonoured cheque against my car sale to maruti true value

Phone: +919840062033

I sold my maruti alto lxi to maruti true value attached to m/s abt maruti, guindy, chennai on 20th november 2008.

After pre-closing my loan with m/s icici, I was given a cheque for the balance amount by the dealer which on depositing with my bank was returned dishonoured for "encoding error" as the reason.

Upon approaching the dealer I was told to give the dishonoured cheque and take the fresh cheque from them. however, icici bank conveyed that the dishonoured cheque will be sent to me in the next 7 days. m/s abt maruti has refused me the fresh cheque as of now since their policy does not permit them to give the fresh cheque before receiving the dishonoured instrument. my car papers in original, keys etc have all been handed over. even after pleading and assuring of no re-presentation of the dishonoured chequ from my end, my request to be given the fresh cheque has been turned down. the cheque amount is rs 49, 476/-

Comments

Se
  4th of Dec, 2008

Your concern is genuine hence you are affected party. At the same time, What ABT is seeking is also correct that they should be in a position to re-issue a fresh cheque. If you return the cheque, then only they will be in a position to confirm that their cheque has not been honoured.

Definitely everyone need an authoritative document when they are dealing with finiancial instruments. I believe Wha t ABT is doing is 100% correct in all aspects.

Ra
  9th of Mar, 2009

They can give stop payment for the dishonoured cheque. This is irralavant and against the business ethics. Why should customer suffer when the mistake was done by the dealer.