ABSA Bank / unethical behaviour
on 24 May 2018 I was scammed on my App banking on my phone. Someone got into my App and disconnected my device and added an apple phone and created a new benifishery. I reported the matter to the fraud line and suspended all my App banking and up to date had no follow up what is happening. But worst scam to come. I was leaving South Africa on the 30th May to West Africa for 2 months. This was made clear on my avidavid at the police that were send through to the fraud department. On Saturday 26 May I went to Mayville Mall ABSA branch in Pretoria to get my internet banking password changed. Big was amazement when the LADY helping me informed me that I can not change my password without me loading the ABSA app back on my phone. HELLO this was because off your app that I got scammed and now you requesting me to load it back on my phone. I left South Africa without changing my internet password.
I feel this is a disgusting thing that I am not allowed to change my internet password without loading the app back onto my phone. Does ANSA want to get me scammed again because their apps are not secure?
I told the lady I will rather change bank and my ABSA home loan than to be scammed again by ABSA app.
I can only be contacted via e-mail: [protected]@absoluteaviation.co.za
More ABSA Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ABSA Private Security Provident Fund - provident fund 
- ABSA Bank - refusing to close credit card account
- ABSA i-Direct - vehicle claim 
- ABSA - provident fund payout 
- ABSA - clearing cheques without waiting 7 days
- ABSA Bank - internet banking
- ABSA Bank - home loan judgement will not removed absa home loan dept/legal/credit
- ABSA Bank - inward transfer funds 
- ABSA Bank - credit card application
- ABSA Bank - debit order