ABSA Bankmaking an appointment for opening a bank account

I have been a client with ABSA for probably 36years, and I'm not sure it is going to be for much longer. I stay in Paarl Western Cape and normally when I want to change some banking details or open a account I make an appointment on the second floor with the "Management consultant". In this case I want to open a bank account for a Trust.
I went to the bank and they informed me that I cannot make an appointment at the bank, I must phone [protected]. I phoned and the options are not really great and I came to a wrong department and they said I should phone [protected]. The actually put me through to "Wills". The lady said it is not necessary to phone the numbers, I can make an appointment directly at the branch. I phoned the branch and they put me through to the lady which helped me originally. She took my number and she said some one will phone me back.
What is wrong with your systems, why can't I make an appointment directly at a branch where I bank. Why must I work through Johannesburg call centre to make an appointment at my doorstep.

Pi
May 04, 2017

Comments

• Fe
      May 04, 2017

My Parents are 91 years old, they each have an investment with ABSA, after approaching the Branch manager about making an investment Two people came one to deal with my Father and one for My Mother the investments were not sizable, yet they charged them each almost R10000 in advisement fees, I was shocked to learn that they were taken advantage of when I discovered this recently R20 000 to invest in the money market unbelievable. Please safeguard your parents from these thieves.