[Resolved] ABC Financial / Revolution MMA Gym / fraudulant unauthorized renewal

17724 I-30, Suite 1, Benton, AR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 501-776-0606

I signed my son up for what I was told was a six month term of classes at Revolution MMA in Benton, AR in April of 2011.

I was never told that I was joining a "membership" or anything with regard a cancellation policy:. I was never provided with copies of the paperwork that I signed:.

My son attended classes until August of 2011 when my mother in law had a stroke and our caregiving duties made it impossible for my son to continue taking classes'. We agreed to continue paying through October 2011, because we felt that it was only fair, considering that we had signed an agreement for the six month term, . Furthermore, my son was scheduled for surgery in October 2011, & would not be able to continue training until January 2012".

So, we had already paid for TWO MONTHS of training that our son NEVER RECEIVED;. I advised Revolution MMA REPEATEDLY that we would not be returning to the gym, or signing a new agreement until January 2012. I spoke to a Revolution MMA representative in October who confirmed that I was "all paid up" & explained to him that we would be returning in January to sign a new agreement and continue training, which he agreed with.

Imagine my shock and surprise to find that I was charged again in NOVEMBER 2011. When I contacted Revolution MMA, I was told that, despite the fact that I had, on at least 5 different occassions, advised them of our intent NOT to return to the gym until January 2012, and the fact that they KNEW that our son had not been to class since AUGUST 2012, they "renewed" our membership without our consent because we did not provide them with WRITTEN NOTICE that we didn't want to renew.

Had I had a copy of the paperwork, or had anyone advised me at any point during any of the 5+ conversations that I had with them about our intent to discontinue classes from August 2011 until January 2012 that a Written Notice was necessary, I would have certainly provided it in a timely fashion in order to avoid paying for an additional 3 months of classes that we would not be getting.

I requested a copy of the paperwork that I originaly signed proving that I agreed to an "automatic renewal" after the initial 6 month period. Revolution MMA refused and informed me that I must deal directly with ABC Financial. This was the first time that I had even heard of this company. I contacted ABC Financial, explained the situation to them, advised them that I wanted to see a copy of my contract. They never sent one, but they DID forward my account to a collection agency who outsources their calling center to India or something, because I can barely understand what they are saying when they call.

BOTTOM LINE: AVOID REVOLUTION MMA AT ALL COSTS, & ANY GYM ASSOCIATED WITH ABC FINANCIAL

• Resolution statement

• ABC Financial Services Customer Care's Response, Sep 12, 2013

Hello,
    We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make sure your situation was handled properly.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at Stephanie.[protected]@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.
    Stephanie Cook
    Customer Relationship Specialist
    ABC Financial Services, Inc.

Comments

1st of Sep, 2013

ABC financial has a bad reputation, but most of the companies that act as third-party payment representatives have a bad rep. When you complain to the original company providing services you get too much attitude and alot of nonsense about reading your contract thoroughly. It's not the martial arts contract, it's the payment fine print that has the issue.

If Revolution MMA knows customers will soon have a problem with ABC Financial, why not just find another company? Or better yet, accept payments at your location.

• Zo
      22nd of Oct, 2013

I have the same problem. Haven't been to that damn gym in over 5 months and they keep trying to get my money after I told them I could only do it 6 months bc I was gonna deploy to afganistan. Told them I wanted to get in shape and therefore I could only do it 6 months. Told them like 3 separate times and ###s "renewd my contract" without me knowing and so I'm $600 short and they still want more.