A & E Factory Servicemaytag service call

I looked up maytag service providers on maytag.com and they sent the above company to my house. I greeted him with a smile, like I do most everyone which was met with a sour stare like I was weird or something. I asked if he found the place O.K. as I led him to my washing machine and he replied "yes you have a house number on your mailbox... followed by a long sigh". What a smart a** comment...

When we got to the machine he said what is your problem, I assume referring to my washer, I said it makes a lod high pitch noise when the agitator is moving. He asked when my warranty expires. I said i don't know, the machine is 3 or 4 years old. He lifted the machine forward using the control panel [that didn't seem right] so he could get the serial #. I asked if he needed a hand tilting the machine, he ignored me.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Hoffman Estates, ILHe entered the # into his computer and said "you don't have any warranty coverage". O.K., I still need to get it fixed as I never said anything about a warranty. He said this is a "collect call". I asked what he meant, we are not making phone calls, I thought to myself. He replied "COLLECT CALL" means you don't get a "FREEBIE" quite unprofessionally.
I said that I just wanted it fixed and I never said anything about a warranty or a freebie. I had had enough of his crap from the time he entered my house till now so I said get your stuff and get out of my house now!!! He was the only person I have kicked out of my house, ever, in 25 years of home ownership.
I know this is a bit long but I just want other consumers, as I wish I had know to review this and any other company that you let have people in your house.
Regards All!

Da

Comments

• Gr
      Jun 09, 2007
    A & E Factory Service - worst customer service ever, 6 appointments appliances still dont work!

I own new Whirlpool appliances, refrigerator, washer, drier, dishwasher. I've had extensive issues with Whirlpool's equipment, but am really writing to complain about one of their contracted repair service companies, A & E factory service. Never in my life have I been let down so often and spoken to so rudely by a repair service or customer service department. My washer has been serviced 4 times in 1.5 months and is still not working correctly. A & E has repeatedly missed appointments and has little sympathy for me, the customer, who's had to take 4 half days off work due to their incompetence, which has led to missed income for me. I could have bought new appliances with the money lost. We are also having refrigerator issues which they supposedly fixed, but broke down again soon thereafter. That's a total of 6 service appointments for 2 appliances in 1 year. The worst part is, when I call their customer service (all names, operator #s are documented, as are dates) and complain about missed appointments, they are not even sorry. I said "What happens if you guys fail to show up for a 4th time, what recourse do I have?" Their exact response, "None. All you can do is reschedule a 5th appointment." I asked them to waive the $ 60 fee as a way to make it up to me and the customer service supervisor literally laughed over the phone. Now I've spent $6000 on faulty appliances that can't be serviced properly because either A & E factory service doesn't know what they are doing or just does not care. I've filed complaints with Whirlpool who stated, "We are severely embarrassed for A & E that this has happened and will use other vendors in your area moving forward." They've agreed to fix the refrigerator and washer for free, to make up for A & E Factory Service's incompetence. I am filing this complaint after reading MANY complaints on the Internet against A & E that were eerily similar to mine. I want to prevent A & E Factory Service (I believe they are contracted via Sears) from costing another household, time, money and stress with their rudeness, lack of knowledge, and lack of common sense. Their address on the business card is: A & E Factory Service, 353 Richard Mine Road, Wharton, NJ phone [protected]. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

• Nm
      Jun 09, 2007
    A & E Factory Service - not keeping appointments

A & E factory service, the worst company to deal with. I scheduled a saturday june 9, 2017 appointment from 8am - 12p to repair my amana refrigerator, which i waited 1 month for the part to come in. I got the automated confirmation call the night before and also called several times during the week to make sure the tech would show up as scheduled. I was assured the tech would be there on saturday june 9 as scheduled, i even called that same day and again assured tech would be to my home today but that he was running behind and he will call b4 coming to my home. I hear nothing, still waiting. Finally i call a&e factory service, they said i wasnt on schedule for today. I flipped out, i then spoke with a supervisor who said mixup in schedule no tech will be out today, i said why was i assured by their reps and the automated confirming call they would be here? I said it is not my fault there was a mixup in there scheduling, i scheduled this appt 1 month ago and it is my only day off, the manager said she would send an email to her mgr in my area. I gave her 3 different callback telephone numbers to get back to me on. I never heard back, an 1 hour later i called again, spoke to a diff mgr, no help she hung up on me. They just yes mam you to death. Still hours later no callback from any mgr, i then call a&e again. Spk w/a third mgr who says there is nothing she can do for me and says no one will be coming out today, i said what you only have 1 tech in connecticut, she said the tech is on an emergency, i said i am an emergency i have been waiting 1 month for my refridge to be repaired. She said she will email the mgr in my area again. Then she hung up. What a lousy company to deal with. They set up apts but don't keep them and never contact their customers. Now i am stuck with a part that kept getting back ordered and 1 month later i get and a broken refrigerator. Very frustrated customer. I will let every know how bad this company is to deal with and now i find out sears owns them, no wonder why i never purchased appliances from sears, i always heard they were lousy...

• Ca
      Jun 22, 2007

At the end of April my kitchenaid fridge stopped working, long story, short A&E Factory Service did the same to me. I was still under a limited warranty so I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Whirlpool ( owners of kitchenaid) I just heard from whirlpool because of my complaint they are paying the labor cost for A&E to come out and talking to another company, Allen&sons who also pulled some garbage about a refund. In the mean time I purchased a fridge and they damaged my floor when installing it, so another claim. I don't know if this will ever end... It's now June 22.

• Mr
      Jul 11, 2007

I recently (12/07/2017) bought a Kitchen Aid range stove. I just found out that the number three on the digital face does not work. A very trivial problem, but covered under the warranty. I called A & E Factory Service and someone came to look at the stove on the June 15, 2017. He told me that the computer needed to be replaced and he ordered the parts and told me that someone would come in to fix this within 2 weeks and that it was only a 10 minute job (take off the front, take out the computer and replace it with the new one and put the front back on). This service man was very professional and I was very impressed with my first impression of A & E Factory Service.

The parts arrived and the next service man was due to arrive June 27, 2017 between 8am and 12pm. I waited all morning and I had a friend coming in from overseas that day and had to be on the road by 1pm. I waited and waited and when I finally called at 12pm to find out what was going on was I shocked to find out that the technician had got sick on the route and that someone else was coming later that day. Did anyone call me? – No. When I called the girl on the phone told me that this had just happened and that the manager was calling people. I had waited my whole window – when was someone calling me? If this had just happened then the guy should have been at my house already right? I was frustrated but decided that I could not wait any longer and rescheduled. Later that day the service tech called me and said he was going to be there in 15 minutes. I told him I had already rescheduled. Is there no communication between A & E Factory and the techs?

Next, Monday 2 July 2017. I rescheduled this despite the fact that my guest was leaving that day and figured we can stay in till 12pm and be on our way. We waited all morning between 8-12 as the message that I received the night before told me was my window. No one showed up. When I called at 12pm – after my window was over, I was told that the technician would call me ASAP. I waited over half an hour and then called back. I was told that the times which I refer to as a window was just a request and not actually a window. I am sorry that A & E feel that I should just sit and wait and they can show up whenever they feel like it!

I spoke to a supervisor who told me that the technician would call me and let me know when he will be at my house. She apologized and said that I was put on someone else’s route and that is why he was late. When was anyone going to tell me that????? – The technician called me when I was on the phone with the supervisor and he told me he could not get to me till 2.30pm (this was at 1pm) as he was 20 miles away from me and that he doesn’t know why I was put on his route. – I told him to cancel this, as I can’t wait around any longer. I spoke to the supervisor who I told I wanted to reschedule AGAIN and this time I wanted someone to actually show up within my window. She assured me that if there were any problems that someone would contact me to save me waiting around all day.

Then, last night I had a call that I missed the beginning of to hear when I could expect my technician. I called back to find out and I was pleasantly surprised to learn I was number 3 on the list – It isn’t number one but close enough. I waited all morning and at 11am I called to find out when I could expect the technician. I was told he would call me back and I never heard from him. I asked for a manager to call me and I never heard from them either. Then at 12.11pm I called again. I was told that the technician was 30 miles away and that I had moved from 3 on the list to 8 on the list. Is this a disgrace or what! – No one bothered to call me or notify me that I would have to wait all day. Well I am not waiting all day! – The nice girl on the phone told me that the tech who came the first time did not work on stovetops any more and so I was put on a route of someone else who was no where near me! – Where is the communication with this company? I have never ever endured such unacceptable and poor service in my life.

I decided on that note that A & E Factory Service are terrible communicators, they don’t care about their customers and they have no guidelines as to how to run a business.

I looked up A & E factory on the internet and what do you think came up, pages and pages of complaints about the time schedule and lack of communication dating back to 2017. You would think after 5 years that something would be done to improve this!

Jul 26, 2007
    A & E Factory Service - no show and poor customer service

These people make cable installers look good! I have scheduled service for my washer/dryer twice, for which I had to be home from (time off from work) in four hour blocks. The first time he was a no-show. The second time, he showed up 30 minutes late, called to be let in the gate and was gone by the time I got there.

I was expected to wait nine hours, but his waiting 2 minutes to be let in was out of the question. He refused to be dispatched back to the job. The customer service supervisor's only response was basically - yes, we offer terrible service, what do you want me to do about it?

I used A&E Factory Service once before when the spin cycle on this same w/d unit wasn't working intermittently. They were basically paid to tell me that I was overloading my machine and that nothing was wrong. Though this wasn't the case, the problem solved itself - the intermittent problem ceased and I didn't have to argue with them.

• Cy
      Jul 28, 2007
    A & E Factory Service - poor quality product!

Unit has not worked since I bought and Hair insists you cannot take the unit anywhere and you have to have their service people come and fix it. When it was close to 5 pm and got the phone number to call, they claimed they called three hours ago to reschedule an appointment I had made two weeks ago. The next available Saturday appointment is a full month later, so I have 4 more hot weeks to live with. They were completely unresponsive and irresponsible, giving me only the Texas guy Alvin Lewis as a contact person, no phone number, no email. Then, I was unable to reach Haier to complain.

My feeling is that since the unit is under warranty, they will provide the worse possible service, which is essentially no service at all, until I just give up and throw the unit into the trash.

• Je
      Aug 17, 2007
    A & E Factory Service - didn't leave copy of extended warranty

I was on the internet and discovered that a Whirlpool Dehumidyfer I had was recalled so I called Whirlpool and they were very nice and sent part so it can be rewired.In the box was a 1 year extended warranty. The repairman came a couple of days early since he was in the area. They called to verify this so that was fine. The repairman rewired it (and I hope correctly) and was very nice and proceeded to clean up. In the process he took the one year extended warranty. Since that time I have been advised incorrectly by Whirlpool that they would send another one.It never came and when I called they said they cannot even send one so they transferred me to A & E .I have been transferred and given all kinds of phone numbers and put on hold and had to spend 45 minutes on the phone to lodge a complaint. It seems real easy to send a copy of that warranty to me. My dehumidyfyer was working fine, now if it conks out I will have to buy a new one since if they cannot back up there work with a paper warranty, I doubt they will come and fix it later. It is crazy how i cannot even speak to the local office here and they will call me. I am still waiting.

• Ed
      Sep 04, 2007
    A & E Factory Service - bad appliance, failure to appear!

Bought a new maytag range with to defective burner switch. Maytag sent a & e out four days later. He didn't have a repair part. Said he would order one and be back to fix it. Got a recording saying he'd be back between 9 and 5 on a certain date. Haven't seen him or the parts yet. The lady who took my call was rude. Never again maytag or a & e.

Nov 06, 2007
    A & E Factory Service - worst customer service!

I scheduled warranty work to be done on my Whirlpool dishwasher and was told to be home between 8 and 5. I took a vacation day and at 3 o'clock, I was called to say they were not coming and would I like to reschedule. At this point, I was told I could pick morning or afternoon. I called A & E to ask for some sort of discount for their no show and was told they used to have this practice but no longer do. This must be because it happens all the time. I was told I could write and complain to the office in Texas to the president Dale Reader. The customer's time is of no value to them-what a lousy company!

• Te
      Dec 24, 2007
    A & E Factory Service - ext. warantee contract
    A& E FACTORy SERVICE

My whirlpool dishwasher needed repair and a&e factory service handles the extended warantee contract. I have been waiting since mid-nov. To get the dishwasher repaired. It is now 12/24/07 and it's still not working.

I have called [protected] at least 20 times, to schedule and re-schedule service, check on parts delivery, and notify them of damaged parts. Parts were shipped to the wrong address, phone calls were not returned, and manager in texas was rude. I will never, ever again purchase an extended warantee contract because of this experience.

My first two service visits (Scheduled between the window of 9a-5p) failed to correct the problem. More parts were ordered, arrived damaged, then were reshipped to a different address than the one I requested.

Although the technician was supposed to call today before my third service visit (Between 9-5 again) , he bagged me because I missed his call when I took a shower. I called back within 15 min. But he wouldn't return my call. Calls to the [protected] in the rochecter, n. Y. Office were not returned. My next appointment is now scheduled for 12/29/07.

I don't know how this company stays in business. I have never had such miserable service in my entire life.

I would like to know how happy anyone would be without a dishwasher repair from before thanksgiving through christmas.

• Su
      Jan 10, 2008

I am having the exact same problems with A&E call center and the repair technicians. They would not know what customer service is even if I spotted them a C. They are rude and they have an excuse for everything. I have severe in home damage ( broke a water pipe) while fixing my dishwasher that resulted from a technician error. It has been over 3 weeks and no one has called to say we are sorry or how to proceed with a claim.
    Frustrated in Far Hills

• De
      Jan 23, 2008
    A & E Factory Service - poor service!
    5901 Sunrise Mall
    Citrus Heights
    California
    Phone: [protected]

This company is trully a joke. I had a problem with my GE mongram frig. and GE referred me to A&E. They g ave me a 5hour window for there service tech to show up! and then after waiting till the 3 hour, someone called to cancel. " I should have gone elsewhere just then".

So, when the tech did show up the next he didn't have the part and need to order it, but he could tape the damper open and it would be fine till the part arrived, and I would have to pay for another house call estimated repair $506.00. $269.78 for the part and the rest for the service call. We went away for the weekend, to find everything in the frig. had frozen and burst all over the the frig. (4 hours to clean). To make a long story short. I canceled any more work to be done, and asked for a full refund on parts and labor! Unknown if this will happen!

We called local GE repair service, and they charged me $107.00 for the part they stocked, and $75.00 to install. If you call there 800 number no one can help and no one is there to complain too.

THE COMPANY IS TRULY A JOKE! OWNED BY SEARS!

•   Aug 19, 2008
    A & E Factory Service - service disaster
    Texas

I had a repair scheduled with A & E for Dec 11, 2017 on a Haier washer/dryer. I was told the repairman would be in the area anywhere from 9am to 5pm & that he would call when before coming for the repair. With that very broad expanse of schedule repair time, I had to set aside the entire day so that I could in the vicinity to let the repair man in. By 3:00 that afternoon, when I still had not heard from A & E, I called the A & E 800 number to give a back-up phone #, so that someone was sure to be home for the repairman's call. The A & E call center said that the repair man would be there some time in the late afternoon. By 7:00 pm that evening, I still had not heard from the repairman. I called the A & E call yet again. I was told the repairman was still in the area & had one more repair stop to go before coming to me.

The repair man never called, never showed.

I called the A & E call center again at 9:00 am the next morning to inquire as to why the repairman never showed & to request the repair man come today. I was told some odd story that the repairman's computer was not working & that was why he didn't show or call. I was also told by the call center manager (Brandy, badge #70941) that, even though the fault for the missed service call was completely on A & E's end, it was "impossible" to expedite a new service call and that I would have to wait for the next available appointment...3 days later. A date for which, of course, I couldn't take off from work. Brandy's ironic rationale being "that we have other customers sheduled up until that time and we can't interfere with their appointments."

So, here I am having taken a day off of work, and waited all day for a repair man who never showed nor called, and now having to wait almost a week for the next service call.

The true kicker to the story is that when I tried to demand for the repair man to at least come in the morning for the new service call so that I am, not again, wasting an entire day waiting around...Brandy's response was "I can make a notation, but I can't make any promises."

Customer service at its new low.

•   Oct 15, 2008
    A & E Factory Service - don't patronize them
    1300 Louis Henna Blvd.
    aefactoryservice.com

We own a maytag washer purchased from home depot in november, 2017. We purchased the extended service plan at the time of purchase. This plan is underwritten by ge appliances and the horrible service is contracted out to a god-awful company called a&e appliance repair. A&e sucks!

The washer stopped working on a tuesday, it's a front loader and the door is locked and the clothes are sitting in water.

The earliest appointment we could get with a service contract from a&e was 4 days later, on a friday. They said they'd arrive between 11 am and 5pm. They actually showed up at 5:54 pm, stayed 17 minutes, had no parts on hand to fix the broken pump and proceeded to tell us that they could not return to fix the washer for eleven days!

A&e sucks. Never do business with them. Never buy a service contract from a&e or any of their partners like maytag or ge. They are a low cost, low customer service organization and they really don't give a darn about doing repairs quickly, competently and on-time.

Far better to just pick someone randomly out of the phone book; before I remember that I had a contract, I contacted three independent service companies, all of whom knew right away it was the pump and told me they could have the washer back up and running the very next day.

It'll be two entire week before this stinking dung heap of a company can repair my washer.

•   Oct 17, 2008

I bought a Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer in June. After about one month, approximately 10 loads of laundry, it stopped in the middle of the cycle with error code "F20", which means it thinks the water supply isn't working. After checking the hoses and resetting the washer by disconnecting the power supply (the instructions in the manual don't quite work as described), everything seems to be in order. But thereafter the wash or rinse cycle will start, with water flowing fine, but it will intermittently stop with the same error code "F20".

I called Whirlpool and they sent A&E Factory Service to repair the washer.

Executive Summary: DO NOT EVER USE THIS SERVICE! THEY ARE TERRIBLE!

The first visit the repairman diagnosed the problem but said he did not have the part. I had to wait 12 days for the part. The second visit they showed up 2 hours late (the window was 8-12). They unstacked the washer & dryer, put a new part in, stacked it up. In the process of stacking and unstacking, they are damaging my walls, floors, and doors by banging things into them. Then with the first load of laundry after the repair: I get "F20" error code. The problem was not solved!

So I schedule another appointment. The window is supposed to be 8-12. It's 3:30pm already, and I haven't seen a repairman. Another whole day consumed having to be at home waiting for the repair person to show up.

Word to the wise: Don't Ever Buy Whirlpool. Don't use A&E Factory Service.

• St
      Nov 19, 2008
    A & E Factory Service - poor customer service / repair
    A & E Factory Services
    Phone: [protected]
    aefactoryservice.com

My story starts two years ago…. On december 5th, 2017 my mother and father-in-law bought us a new stove for christmas, after our old one quit working. They were also kind enough to purchase an extended warranty for the stove that they purchased from lowe’s. Unfortunately, on sunday, november 9th, I tried to cook a thawed turkey only to find that the oven would not come on much to my surprise. My husband called the warranty number on our paperwork and much to my surprise actually got an answer on a sunday. I thought this would be quick and easy process, much to my disappointment, that has not been the case.

Our repair was scheduled for thursday, nov. 13th. No specific time could be given other than 8am-5pm. I made arrangements for my father-in-law to come to the house and let the repair man in. We were to receive a courtesy call 30 min. Before the visit. I called in during the week and asked that the courtesy call be made to my work phone as my cell does not have reception inside my place of employment. I was told that it would be no problem. Just after 11 am that day my daughter stopped by the house and found a note on the door that we had missed the repair tech who had stopped at 9:55am. I had no call at work to notify me he was on his way. I called as soon as my daughter brought me the note and left work to wait at home for the tech to call me. I was told by the lady on the phone that they would email him to call us for any possibility of him returning, but that they could not promise anything. No one ever came back or called.

My husband arrived home and wanted to know why the stove wasn’t fixed, I explained what happened and he called in and talked to a supervisor. He was told the same thing, we will email the tech and he will call you. Again no call no return visit. My husband called back again and was told that the only thing that could be done was to reschedule. He did not do that at that time. I did receive a call from a supervisor the next day at work asking if tuesday the 18th of november would be ok to reschedule for. I agreed because I need my oven for thanksgiving! She said it would be between 8am-5pm. I asked if there was any way to narrow the time down. She asked if 8-11 or 12-5 would be better and I told her 8-12 would be best. I didn’t even argue when jarrod called the night before to remind me that the tech would be at my house between 12-5. I just wanted my stove fixed.

I took my last day of vacation to stay home and make sure we did not have any problems. I spent the entire day in my living room and kitchen making sure I couldn’t possibly miss the tech. By 3:15pm still no one had come or called. I called my husband and let him know that he would have to pick up our children on his way home because I couldn’t leave to get them. Without telling me he called into the phone number we had for the tech service and started a conversation with them. At some point they put him on hold and he couldn’t wait so he told me to call because they told him that the tech had been there and no one was home.

Thus ensued my last conversation with your people. I spoke to a young lady, whose name I cannot remember, and specifically asked for a supervisor. She hem-hawed around till I finally told her what was going on. She tried to tell me that she was sorry that “we” missed the tech when he stopped at 11:15 and that she would email him to call me back and see if he could come back and help me at the end of his shift if he had time. I tried several times to explain to her that he had never been here and that if he said different, he had lied. She couldn’t quite grasp what I was saying and asked if she could put me on hold. I said, “sure why not!” the next thing I know, I am listening to her talk about my case. She never hit the hold button and did not realize it, so I heard everything, including the comment “how do I know if they got the email?” “well I hope it went through.” I also liked the fact that your people don’t even speak their own mind, they repeat whatever comes up on a computer? She had me on “hold” for about five minutes till she said, “ok. I found the number and I am connecting you to cit.” I was then connected to an actually nice person with commen sense, or so I thought. His name was elroy? At least that is how it was pronounced. He apologized and told me that the tech was still in the area and would call me within the next 45 minutes. I told him I hesitated to believe him because I had heard the same story last week. He assured me that the tech would call and would be back to fix my stove. He also said that he would follow up with me to see that it happened. Wow, I thought, someone who cares about the customer!
    Well, that was short lived. No one called and no one came.

When my husband got home this time he called back and asked for a supervisor. After the same run around from the operator who answered, he finally got the cit dept. And asked for elroy. He instead got a woman who said she was the manager of that dept. And she proceeded to give him the same answers. Since we missed the tech…….!!!
    He proceeded to ask for the owners address and phone number because the employees were incapable of handling the situation. That is why we are writing to you. Just so you know, we have contacted our local lowe’s store and will be writing a letter to the corporate office suggesting that they find more dependable service in our area. I own several other appliances from there and will not go thru this again. I have also considered reporting my problems to the better business bureau.

• To
      Nov 26, 2008

Reason I agree is because of being A Service Tech myself in Minnesota I hear all the same complaints from many of the customers I service. People are gratefull to have me servicing their appliances after going through the nightmare service of some companies. I service from the Twin Cities to Duluth.
    fixitallguy.com

• Mm
      Jan 27, 2009
    A & E Factory Service - terribel customer service
    Massachusetts

Service techs are great, but the policies and customer relations are ABYSMAL. If I had any choice, I would find a way to hire the rep, but I would never use this company unless I absolutely had to. Of course, I have no choice, because this is the only coverage for my POS Kenmore HE5 W/D.

They refused to send a helper to repair a stacked washer/dryer installation which required moving things to access the service panel. I had to to all the moving, and now my bad back is re-aggravated. Ant lawyers out there know if I have a case against A & E Factory Service? Want to take it on contingency?

Recommendation: do not buy anything from Sears, do not buy anything from Kenmore, and avoid A & E Factory Service if at all possible.

• Du
      Apr 07, 2009
    A & E Factory Service - committment not kept $
    Roseville
    California

A & E Dispatcher told me that the technician would be able to repair my unit while replacing a recalled component. This did not happen...he replaced the recalled component and left. I offered to pay for a second trip charge if he would just do the repair...to no avail. Had I know this in advance I could have contracted with another company and not had to throw away about $700 worth of food from freezer and refrigerator. I have informed the recall company about this problem with their service provider.

• Lo
      Apr 29, 2009

To whom it may concern, I would appreciate it if you could foward this e mail up the chain. My name is and I purchased a Whirlpool washer(Serial Number: hlw4053661;Model Number: wfw8300sw04) on 11/29/2017 (the day after thanksgiving). It worked well for the first month and a half and then it stopped working. I contacted Whirlpool who set up an appointment with a technician to come out. This technician never showed up because their company did not service the Military installation (Ft Dix) where we are located. I contacted Whirpool again and they set up an appointment with another company (A&E). As of today A&E has come to my home 6 times and I have had 3 full service calls with parts being ordered and replaced.According to both Whirpool and A&E I should recieve a new machine after the 3rd full service call. The machine is still inoperable and I am now battling problems with the company servicing us.
    The company A&E that we have been dealing with has been completly unproffesional. Three times they have failed to show up for a scheduled appointment and have been late on the days that they do show up. This has been a huge inconvenience to us. My husband has missed work, my son has been late to school and I have had to rearrange my own schedule and appointments to accommodate their mistakes on several occasions. I have spoken with the supervisor of consumer relations for A&E and have gotten no results. The whole process of having our machine repaired has been a long, drawn out and frustrating experience. I have been told by the technicians that they have replaced all of the main parts of the machine and that they are at a loss of what could be wrong. After the second service call I contacted whirpool to inquire about getting a new washing machine and I was told that the technician would have to call it in as unrepairable. I was told by the A&E technician that they will not do that because of company policies, that they would have to continue ordering and replacing parts so that the company does not lose money on parts that they have already replaced. Yet when I called Whirlpool again I was again told that they could not help me, that a technician would have to call them directly. I have been playing devils advocate between the two companies and frankly I am tired of it. It should not be my responsibility to pass messages back and forth. I am told different things by each side and each side swears they are right.
    We have owned this machine for 5 months and 4 of them it has not worked. We have two children one of which is ill with GI problems and must see 2 different specialist, so as you can imagine with a lot of vomit in our home the washing machine is our best friend. I am a student and am trying to go to school while taking care of my children. My husband just returned from a deployment and will be leaving for another to Iraq very soon. I don't know which has been more inconvenient, the unprofessional service we have received or having to take our laundry to work, laundry mats and neighbors. We did not spend our hard earned money for an appliance that does not work and a company that will not work to get us a new machine. I am forwarding this e mail to A&E, Whirlpool and to our legal office. If this matter is not resolved in a timely manner (a new machine...not more appointments and more repairs that are just wasting our time) We will take this to the next level. We are customers who only want what we paid for and respectable service and we have received neither. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you to resolve this matter.

Apr 29, 2009

Maytag washer in warranty

Timer was sticking - tech came out when he was supposed to. Came in, said the timer motor was bad, and he had one in the truck. On the way to the truck, he said "I hope the knob comes off without breaking - they all seem to break when I remove them". Sure enough, knob broke - I picked up the knob and pointed out to him if he simply pried the cover off, and pulled the nylon pin out, the knob would come right off. His reply "Man I feel dumb". OK, he ordered a knob - 5-7 business days to receive! I called their "customer service" and two "representatives" stated they could NOT priority order the part because it was a washer! Never mind that the idiot technician broke it, and that if he had known how to remove the knob (which I deduced from his comment he had broken several) I would have a working washer today! Not only that, but he moved the knob parts I had laying on the counter, losing the broken part I was GOING to try to glue so I could have a working washer!
    I made sure the part was being sent directly to me, and told them I would install it myself - I didn't want his ### back out there again!

• Di
      Aug 24, 2009

I am having exactly the same situation, it's been 4 weeks of appointments, phone calls, complains, etc. and my refrigarator is even less functional with every visit and now it's more than a week without refrigerator. I have a service contract with GE and they subcontract from A&E, none of them take responsibility of their actions, in the meantime the only one loosing here is me and my family, they don't care about the customer, on every call they say "I appreciate your busines with us", what appreciation??? It's really disappointing, especially from GE. I just want this nightmare to finish, hopefully tomorrow from 1:00 to 5:00, unless I get a call to tell that I need to reschedule. I am in the process of submit a formal complaint to GE. Would I buy another GE appliance???

• Ti
      Jan 21, 2010
    A & E Factory Service - cheating
    Hesston
    Kansas

I would never call 'a & e factory service' guys again for any of my services.
    They literally cheat. Our 4 year old ge microwave over was not heating.
    I called the ge and found our the mag was gone.
    Ge also said eventhough we haven't have the extended warranty for our microwave the parts are covered by the warranty but not the service charges.
    We called 'a & e factory service' thru' ge since we don't have any other authorized service dealers available in our area.
    These guy came in and checked our microwave and gave me a list of things that we have to change for $617.00 (When I asked for a copy of his quote he wasn't willing to giving it to me)
    He also said the parts are not covered by the warranty and the "ge people who takes over the phone don't know anything".
    He also suggested that it is not wise to spend that much on the microwave since we can get a new one for $200
    Then he asked $65.00 for his labour & service (Not willing to give a bill) saying customer refuced to take the quote for changing magnatron $192.00.
    I don't know how come he can show me a quote for $617.00 and mentioned only $192.00?
    What you call this other than cheating?!!

His appointment time was 8.00 am till 12.00. He came in at 7.40am when we were not ready for him. I was in the middle of giving my baby a bath. I had to manage this guy with my screaming baby.

How can I call or suggest these service people to anyone?

• Ar
      Feb 13, 2010

A&E totally sucks. They keep rescheduling the appointment especially when the technician understands how time-consuming the repair will be. Never do business with them. just pick any service company from the yellow pages and you will be better off!

• Pa
      Mar 09, 2010
    A & E Factory Service - won't quit calling me and I am not their customer
    A & E Factory Service

This company has my number for their customer, although I am not nor have ever been their customer. They have called me at least 25 times in the last 2 or 3 weeks to "schedule service". I have called to ask them to take my number off their list, and I have answered the phone when they called and told them they have the wrong number and to take my number off that customer's paperwork. They call as early as 8:15 am on Saturday mornings, waking me up. Today, I received a call from them at 9:53 and I told them again to take my number off the paperwork then another employee called me at 10:01, 8 minutes later, to "schedule service".

Mar 20, 2010
    A & E Factory Service - poor service & rude employees
    Pennsylvania

Do not contract with A & E for a factory service plan as they do not deliver on the service. We had a service appointment scheduled for a washer repair. The technician phoned our home and spoke to our daughter who told them that I could not come to the phone (was on a business call having worked from home to wait for the technician). The technician incorrectly or conveniently interpreted the conversation as a reason to cancel our call. When the technician did not arrive at 3 pm, the scheduled time, we contacted A&E to get a status. At that point we were told that the tech had been told not to come, and that they would try to route him to us. There were a number of phone calls, including a number of "disconnects" (convenient for A&E), on getting the technician. This lasted for roughly two hours, at which time their service day was done and they would need to reschedule us.

Aside from an individual in A&E's "Solutions" center, the staff was rude and uncooperative. In each call they pressed that their tech had been told not to come, and that it was our problem that the call had to be rescheduled.

We will be filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the PA Department of Consumer Protection.

Mar 30, 2010
    A & E Factory Service - range exhaust fan
    Arizona

This company is horrible! They sent out a technician 2 times before he realized he did not have a clue what he was doing. He kept breaking the part that took a long time to order. Then, when the next guy came out he figured it out, but had to order more parts. Once those finally came in he came back... mind you I am waiting around the house in their 4 hour service time frame each time a tech comes out. Then, he gets the parts, fixes it and breaks another part. He told me he would order it and that I could fix that so that I did not need to wait for another tech to come out. It was just a button that needed to be put on. But, of course when I asked for paperwork on it, he told me I didn't need any. Famous last words as he did not order the part and their customer service refuses to put me in touch with him or his supervisor. Instead they want to send out another tech. They refuse to give me a phone number to contact a competent person. This company is terrible! Do not use them!

Apr 29, 2010

Dear Not happy with the service,

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your repair. My name is David and I work for the A&E Solutions team and we want you to know we are here for assistance. At your convenience, simply contact our office via email at [protected]@aefactoryservice.com so that we can assist. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliance was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Not happy with the service) for reference to your issue.

A&E Solutions

May 07, 2010
    A & E Factory Service - no show, no call
    A & E Factory Service

I'm am in PA and A & E was supposed to come out to fix our water dispenser on our refrigerator. Not only did they not show or call to confirm, but we called them twice and, up till 4:30 PM, they were still telling us the repair person would be there by 5 PM! We asked them to contact the repair person and have them call us to advise when they would show and he never called!

Finally, about 6 PM, we called them back to cancel and received no apology or any sign of remorse for not showing! They are the worst...DO NOT CONTACT THEM FOR ANY REPAIRS!

May 12, 2010

Dear Jack S.,

We are sorry to hear about the service you have received from A&E Factory Service. We can only imagine the frustration of waiting for a service tech and to be cancelled at the end of the day. We strive at providing our customers with the highest quality of service and have failed to do so for you. My name is David and I work for the A&E Solutions team and we want you to know we are here for assistance. At your convenience please contact our office at [protected]@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator is listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition, please include the screen name used to post here so we can reference to your case.

Senior Case Manager

• Js
      May 15, 2010
    A & E Factory Service - terrible service
    Hutto
    Texas

A & E Factory service is terrible. They have charged me $192 to fix an icemaker and then not fixed and now will not show up to fix it.

They had scheduled an appointment for 1-5 pm yesterday and cancelled. They rebooked another appointment for today and have cancelled. I've talked to no less than 10 people at their company in customer service and apparently they are not empowered or frankly don't care.

Paul lied, Patrice lied, Kristina wanted to help but couldn't, talked to Sabrina twice and a lot of hold time and a dropped call and she couldn't help, Vincent dropped my call accidentally but couldn't help. Rudy was an escalation point and he made zero effort to help. I asked to speak with his manager and his manager would not talk to me and was going to call me back - surprise haven't heard a word from him. Crystal called me at 8 am this Saturday this morning to confirm they had in fact cancelled on me again. Nancy - just couldn't find any time in the schedule.

I officially have apologies from 10 people at A&E but I don't have my icemaker fixed, I'm out $192 and I've wasted 2 afternoons waiting on these people to help me.

I will file a formal complaint with the BBB just out of principle at this point since I now have free time because they stood me up again.

Avoid using A & E if at all possible.

May 17, 2010

Dear Jsm3197,

We apologize for the service you have received from A&E Factory Service. We can assure you this is not acceptable and we would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you. My name is David and I work for the A&E Solutions team and we want you to know we are here for assistance. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [protected]@aefactoryservice.com so that we can further discuss your concerns. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliance was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Jsm3197) for reference to your issue.

Jul 07, 2010
    A & E Factory Service - complete incompetence
    Texas

This company is fraudulent in it's business practices. It has put into practice a loop which denies any attempt to escalate a problem. It continually transfers an individual from department to department. After talking with repair scheduling, then parts, then escalation they refused to handle issue and transferred me to service. I am currently on day 14 of this issue and have been on hold and speaking with different departments for 62 minutes. No one is taking responsibility and everyone is finger pointing.

• Km
      Dec 11, 2010
    A & E Factory Service - no service, no customer servicek, no help
    Utah

- Called for Service on December 3rd.
    - Tech came on December 6th and found that the compressor was bad on my Maytag Fridge
    - Parts Arrived on December 7th
    - Tech came on December 8th. And found that the new compressor from Maytag was also bad
    - Tech forgot to order new part until end of day December 9th
    A&E said after a number of calls by me that they are busy and can’t come back until December 15th
    Customer Service feeling is very much, to bad you will need to wait until we have time to come. They report it’s not there fault my fridge went out on the 3rd and they can’t fix it until the 15th. When you talk to them they always want to check on some dates and will call you back. They will NOT call you back. This company along with Maytag will never be in my home again. I have never worked with such a poor company.

• Ne
      Mar 21, 2011

A service appointment was made for service to our KitchenAide dishwasher for the time frame of 1-5 pm. At 5p I phoned the the service center and asked when the tech would be arriving and asked why we hadn't received a call to inform us that the tech was going to be late. We were told that he was too busy to call and would arrive by 6:30. At 6:30 he still hadn't arrived and no call was made to us to inform us of the delay and/or an update on his arrival. We called the service center back again and were told that he might be arriving by 8:30. We canceled the appointment and attempted to re-schedule for the next day. We were told that there were no appointments until two days later which we scheduled. Again the time frame was 1-5 pm...yep, NO call and NO show. We phoned the service center again and CSR told us that they would TRY to get out to our home sometime in the later evening. We canceled the appointment and called KithcenAide for service with another company. Very frustrating experience. Would strongly advise not using A&E!!!

• Sf
      Nov 15, 2011
    A & E Factory Service - delay in refund of prepaid part overpaid
    A & E Factory Service

May 5, 2017 a refund form was issued by tech. Were told 7 to 10 days to process. May 20 we called customer service, they were unable to locate refund form. A return call we were told refund had been reentered.Also informed refund process could take 20 days. This is a Debit refund, the charge processed in less than a hour. We feel this policy of refund delay is a scam to hold on to costumer $ as long as possible. Previous incident earlier this year we had also experienced a delay of 6 months before refunds were processed.

Nov 15, 2011

Dear Sfikaley:

Please accept our apologies for the length of time it has taken for you to receive your refund. I can certainly understand your frustration with waiting this length of time to get your money. We would like to thank you for your patience and offer our assistance in looking into this situation further and helping with a resolution. My name is Susan and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. At your convenience please contact our office at [protected]@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number, the phone number the item is listed under (if different than the contact number), and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (Sfikaley) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.
    A&E Solutions Team

Feb 02, 2012
    A & E Factory Service - a & e scheduling nightmares
    A & E Factory Service

I called in for service to my dryer on 3/14/2017 & got an appointment for Tuesday 21st bet. 1:00 & 5:00pm. It was a total waste of a day off. I called a little after 1:00pm on 3/21 to confirm my appointment. The representative from A & E assured that someone will be there between the appointed hours. No one called and no one showed. I contacted A & E a little after 5:00 and was informed the appointment was cancelled. I was very upset and requested to speak to a supervisor. I was given a new appointment for 3/24 bet 1:00 & 5:00pm. I was contacted by the A & E service tech about 1:15pm for conformation. He informed me It was a cash call. I informed him the appliance is under waranty. I informed him that I will contact my warranty company and have everything in order by the time he gets here. he replied ok. I contacted A & E to clear up the matter and was informed my appointment which is scheduled 3/24(today) was cancelled. I was very upset. Now I've wasted two days. I requested to speak to a supervisor. After explaining the situation I was given an appointment for 3/25(friday) bet. 8:00 & 12:00. I contacted my warranty company (Lowe's) and was given an appiontment for 3/29 from 1:00-5:00pm.I informed them that I already have an appointment for 3/25. They informed that it should not be a problem and they make a note to the account. The service appointment was submitted & they told me to contact A & E after an hour and conform that everything's ok. About an hour and fifteen minutes later I contacted A & E. Only to find out that they again cancelled my appointment.

Now I'm very upset. I requested to speak to a supervisor. I was told none was available. the A & E Rep. took my # and said a supervisor would call me back. More than 45 minutes went by and no call. I took the liberty of placing that call myself. I explained my situation to the supervisor(Mark) from the beginnin, however, my problem fell on deaf ears. I'm a Radiographer by profession and also work in a service related field. Unprofessional behavior such as this does not belong in any customer service field. Is this how your company makes its money. I was always under the impression that the customer comes FIRST. As it stands I would NEVER recommend A & E to anyone.

Mar 08, 2012
    A & E Factory Service - incompetent service and lack of diligence
    Oneonta
    Alabama

Waited 2 days for washer service. Tech was supposed to be at house between 8AM & 5PM - he came after 6:30 PM. The supposed repair was made and the malfunction occurred again as the tech drove away. Have spent 3 hours on phone trying to get tech here today, but these people are too busy and they want me to wait all day Friday again. Told these folk I'm going in hospital Friday and they can care less. Still absolutely no desire or desire to get the problem fixed today. This place is a joke - if the product does not show a code the tech cannot fix it and the customer service is absolutely bottom of the barrel. A good firm would jump right on correcting an issue, but these clowns think they are too good to get the job done quickly. The are pathetic and extort very unreasonable prices for service that is terrible.

Mar 08, 2012

Dear Millertimeal,

My name is Brian and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. I came across your posting, and I’m truly concerned with the issues that you have had with your washer repair. This is not the level of service that our company has prided itself on delivering to all our customers, and we would like to the chance to assist in making sure your repair is completed correctly. At your convenience please contact our office at [protected]@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the washer under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name Millertimeal in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.