A & E Factory Service / terrible attitude!

1 c/o Sears Holdings Corp. 333 Beverly RdHoffman Estates, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: none available

After waiting over a week and at least 4 calls to find proof of my extended warranty coverage thru Whirlpool Extended Service Plans. (Only after I called sales told me the fax failed to connect from warranty sales to service dept.) This company was dispatched to repair my two year old Whirlpool Dishwasher. First visit on 2/4/08 had to order part. (A complete motor assembly which certainly should not fail in a 2 yr old Whirlpool) Received part 2/8 and called for another appointment was given 2/12/08 8AM-5PM. Waited all day called 800 # at 4:50PM and was told tech got no answer at 3:28PM. -Was told would call first- never got a call_ A BOLDFACED LIE! I was home, have dogs that would bark at any noise at door and it was snowing lightly and no foot prints at walk or door! Despite speaking to a supervisor made to wait till 2/18/08 for next appointment. They had a could not care less attitude. STAY AWAY!

Comments

• Je
      5th of Mar, 2008

The customer is Cr*p!

A & E Factory Service, is negligent in their warranty service. It took them over 3 months and several visits before the manufacturer had to replace the new washer/dryer combo.

A & E Factory Service, could not repair the unit and the water damage resulted in thousands of dollars of damage to my personal property. They told me it was my fault and to put the claim through my homeowners insurance.

A & E Factory Servcie should be legally restrained from operating as an appliance repair company.

Government Consumer Advocate Agency's have their number!

Jeff Puma
    New York

• Re
      13th of Mar, 2010

they told me that the time frame was 1-5pm...i waited to 530pm called them and they said " Due to the weather the canceled my appt. at 452pm ...they never called me to tell me this and set another appt. for tues. from 8-12 wtf...i am NOT GONNA WAIT AGAIN !!!

• 26
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    A & E Factory Service - TERRIBLE!
    A & E Factory Service

An A & E tech came 1 wk ago to repair my refrigerator under an extended svc plan. He spent no more than 10 min talking to me about the problem; never did anything more than open the refrigerator door; and told me it was 1 of 2 parts, both of which he would have to order.

He said the parts should arrive by the end of the wk (which they did), but for safe measure he suggested scheduling a return visit for 1 wk. We agreed upon a time slot of 1-5pm for this afternoon.

Because I heard nothing from A & E, I called their 800# at 2:30pm to be told that there was no appt set for today. According to the person w/ whom I spoke, an appt was arbitrarily set for A WEEK from today btwn 8am-noon w/out ever asking me. And, even though I have both ordered parts in my possession, no one from A & E was available to come out to repair my refrigerator any sooner.

When I said I wanted to register a complaint, the person w/ whom I was speaking asked if she could put me on hold and then disconnected me!

Bottom Line: I won't have use of my refrigerator for 2 WEEKS and A & E could care less.

Unfortunately, I did not see all the online complaints about A & E until today. I will never use A & E again. Hopefully, others will read this and other complaints before they agree to use A & E for appliance repairs.

• Se
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Dear 26924,

I'm so sorry for the delay in responding to your post; however I did want to reach out to you. I was concerned with what I read in your post and I'm sorry your A&E repair experience was not a pleasant one. My name is Scott, and I'm a case manager with the A&E Solutions team. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at AEservice@aefactoryservice.com so that we can further discuss your concerns. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliance was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (26924) for reference to your issue.

Scott J.