5/3 Bank / this bank is a joke

1 OH, United States Review updated:

This bank is a joke! Corporate office has some of the worst customer service I've ever come across. They treat you as if you're callinG about THEIR money, not yours. I've had 5 day holds on my checks turn to 9 days with no explanation or warning! I have overdraft, but twice now, I've been over charged for overdraft, while theres money in my savings! Just loGGed into my account to find out I'm beinG charGed aGain, not only with money in my savings, but now theres also money in my checkinG too. Can't explain that? well, neither could the snob at corporate. I reGret ever dealinG with these corporate theives. Theres a place for people this deceitful, riGht alonG side of g.w. bush.

Comments

• Gm
      9th of Dec, 2009

I agree that this is a "bad" bank. After eight years of trying to get 5/3 Bank to call my office during business hours I received yet another call at home at 7:30 in the evening. It seems that the culture at 5/3 is very much last-century. In this day of fast internet communication poor customer treatment and policy I wonder how the bank keeps it's doors open. Our folder of issues and complaints about 5/3 is thick. This bank's administration appears close-minded and inaccessible. We only bank with them because our children are in college and branches are close-by and because we negotiated a loan with them years ago for the business. We look forward to cutting ties with this bank as soon as we are able.

• Al
      27th of Oct, 2010

Fifth Third Bank is stealing from us. We had a car loan from a GM dealer and 5 3 would not let us pay it off. They refused to give us the account number so that we could pay it off. Before the first payment was due, we paid over 95% of the loan amount. this was the amount they told us was due. They next harassed us on Saturday, threatening us that we were in default. We finally overpaid the loan.
    We also had an extended warranty which we immediately cancelled three days after getting the loan giving us a total refund. This was part of the loan we had with 5 3 bank. They were to refund this warranty cost in full. We never received the refund check. After many calls to 5 3 bank in which they said a check was sent, they told us another check was being sent. We received a check dated the day after that last call. We deposited it in our local bank. Two weeks later, 5 3 bank stopped payment on the check effectively stealing money out of our account. Not only that, our bank charged us a fee for this. We have been calling 5 3 bank for a week and they keep giving is the run around. This is common theft. They have no intention of giving us our money back. They will not let us talk to anyone but a telephone screener.
    My advice is to run as fast as you can from Fifth Third Bank. If not, you will regret it.
    Alex Peele, Olathe, K S