5/3 Bankunexplained debit

Please avoid 5/3 Bank. They bought out the First Charter locations in NC. Since the buyout, the service of what was once a good friendly caring back has turned very sour. Fee, fees, fees for everything. But the best is what they did to me. They allowed 15k to be taken out of my business account for no explainable reason.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Harrisburg, NCNo call, no explaination, just secracy, overdraft fees, bounced checks. They have no explanation for the debit and don't care. I was forced to borrow money to re-fund my account, and they even charged me fees for depositing cash to cover my checks! And they won't refund the fees even though I have been a 20 yr customer and haven't done anything wrong. Avoid 5/3 at any cost. Questions? Contact Bob Rahilly @ [protected]@aol.com

Comments

• Al
      Oct 27, 2010

Fifth Third Bank is stealing from us. We had a car loan from a GM dealer and 5 3 would not let us pay it off. They refused to give us the account number so that we could pay it off. Before the first payment was due, we paid over 95% of the loan amount. this was the amount they told us was due. They next harassed us on Saturday, threatening us that we were in default. We finally overpaid the loan.
    We also had an extended warranty which we immediately cancelled three days after getting the loan giving us a total refund. This was part of the loan we had with 5 3 bank. They were to refund this warranty cost in full. We never received the refund check. After many calls to 5 3 bank in which they said a check was sent, they told us another check was being sent. We received a check dated the day after that last call. We deposited it in our local bank. Two weeks later, 5 3 bank stopped payment on the check effectively stealing money out of our account. Not only that, our bank charged us a fee for this. We have been calling 5 3 bank for a week and they keep giving is the run around. This is common theft. They have no intention of giving us our money back. They will not let us talk to anyone but a telephone screener.
    My advice is to run as fast as you can from Fifth Third Bank. If not, you will regret it.
    Alex Peele, Olathe, K S