5/3 Bank / incompetent and unhelpful
I took out a loan with 5/3 and had nothing but problems with them hounding me for additional information during the first few weeks. The whole thing made me want to go somewhere else and get a loan to payoff that loan. However, there is a prepayment penalty until 6 months before payoff.
I always made my payment early or on the due date. When I finally got to the 6 month mark, I called and got a payoff then went directly to the bank to payoff the loan. I asked the teller if there was any per diem, she told me no. She took the money and gave me a receipt.
Then, instead of getting the release of lein, I got a late notice in the mail. I called the customer service department. After going through the telephone maze and pushing what seemed like a thousand buttons, I finally got a live person. He was nice enough but could not understand why there was a late charge assessed when it showed that a large payment had been received. He then transferred me to his supervisor Charles who was rude and condesending. He said the teller was incompetent and did not do her job right. He refused to resolve the issue and send my release of lein stating I owed more money. He refused to let me talk to his supervisor and kept telling me "this is how it is going to be". I was absolutely livid by the time I hung up on him.
I called back, went through the telephone maze again trying to contact the senior vice president's office that signed the late notice I received. They refused to put my call through or give me his office number. I left a message but don't hold out much hope of ever hearing from him - especially after reading all the internet complaints today.
I will NEVER do business with this bank again. All I want is a relase of lein.
More 5/3 Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service! 
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security 
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off! 
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info) 
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice 
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - service
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - employee kj1moc2a
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - fees
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - service fees
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - overdraft fees