1-800-Flowers.com / no flowers = worst mother's day ever!

I placed an order for a flowering plant on 5/01/07, to be delivered the Friday before Mother's Day, 05/11/07. Given the fact that I ordered so early I figured that delivery of my Mother's Day gift was guaranteed. When I called my mother on Mother's Day, 05/13/07, I was told that she never received a delivery. She was understanding, but I could tell that she was disappointed that she did not receive anything for her special day. I ran the tracking number, provided by 1-800-FLOWERS.com, and I found out that the package would not be delivered until Monday the 14th. The item showed to have been shipped on 5/09/07. This means that the plant would already be a minimum of 6 days old before my mother would even receive it. Well my mother did receive her plant on the 14th, but she stated that several of the leaves were dead and dried up, and that the entire plant was very dry and on its deathbed. I have sent an e-mail to 1-800-FLOWERS.com, to ask about a replacement or a refund of some sort, but I have not heard back from them. I suppose my only recourse will be to try and get my bank to reverse the charges on my credit card. I understand that Mother's Day is a very busy time for a company like 1-800-FLOWERS.com, but given the fact that I ordered a full two weeks in advance I feel that there is no excuse for this poor level of service. I paid a premium for 2nd day air shipping, and yet my package took 5 days to get to its destination. I guess next year I will have to do more research in order to find a more reliable company to do business with. In the meantime, my mother has a half-dead plant in her house, as a symbol of what a poor choice her son made when shopping for that perfect gift to show his love and admiration for his mother. For those that like to spend a lot of money for a gift that is a day late and a dollar short, look not further than 1-800-FLOWERS.com! =o(

Comments

30th of May, 2007

Couldn't agree more with all I've read here about 800 flowers. You order early, get confirmation and tracking information that things are happening and by the end of the day after the close of business you realize it's been nothing but lies and really nothing short of a scam. Then they refund your money. If they were truly interested in servicing their customers, they would provide a 2 or 3 times back your money guarantee. I guess that would be a put up or shut up customer service program.

• Me
      29th of Apr, 2008

I ordered flowers to be delivered same day to a friend who had just returned home from the hospital. They were never delivered and by the end of the business day, the florist called them (which was supposed to be a surprise) and not me to say they would be delivered the very next morning.

The next morning came and no flowers. I spoke with 2 different Customer Service reps who were very rude to tell me that the delievery would be made between 2-4pm. I enforced that if there is an issue to call me. By 5:00 PM, no flowers were yet to be delievered and I did NOT receive a call. I called and spoke with yet another rude customer service rep. who basically said to me "what do you want me to do" so I demanded to speak to a supervisor. She explained to me that the florist said they were delivered which was totally false. I basically had to demand my money back and the supervisor put me on hold to call the recipient to confirm if the flowers were delieverd. Once she confirmed she did not recieve flowers, my order was cancelled when I checked the order summary online. My money has not been credited back to my check card and it has been a few days. I will keep checking but this was a very unprofessional and tacky experience dealing with them altogether. Another friend warned me previously about their lousy business ethic.