1 & 1 Internet Inc. / cancellation problems
After signing up for a website w/www.1and1.com, I saw right away I did not like it and I cancelled in less than 24hrs w/o building or publishing a site (They have a 90 day money back guarantee). At first they acknowledged cancellation, then about a week later I got an email saying they tried to charge my credit card and it was denied (I stopped my card from paying them anything as soon as I cancelled). I replied, explaining the cancellation and reminded them they had confirmed it. Several times over next 3 wks they sent the same exact email about not being able to charge my credit card and I kept replying to them. It was like they were not reading my replies. Finally, I just quit replying to them. Now they have turned my account over to a collection agency and have hurt my credit, and they still will not respond to my attempts to contact them except with a canned message that does not make sense. Be very careful dealing with this company, there are many better hosting companies out there, no need to deal with one that will mess your credit up through no fault of your own.
More 1 & 1 Internet Inc. Complaints & Reviews
- 1&1 Internet, Inc. - billing and collection scam 
- 1and1.com - abuse department is actually the billing department 
- Aeg Publishing - fraud marketing 
- 1and1.com - cancellation and refund policies 
- 1and1.com - refused to cancel/delete my account then sent me to collections. 
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - repeated bogus invoicing and charges collected
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - terrible experience!
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - domain name hatsunique.com
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - dedicated server 
- 1&1 Internet / 1and1.com - 1and1 scam